cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Service Seasonal Disconnect Nightmare

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Voice Service Seasonal Disconnect Nightmare

Yes I agree unless they have lived in the middle of nowhere they have no idea what it's like to have limited cell and internet service. The six months we were just gone we had the luxury of having cable Internet and TV and phone and it was wonderful I didn't know such good service existed. The cost of all 3 with cable was less then what we pay for internet and phone with HughesNet. Then add directv on top of that and we pay triple the cost here at home. We are actually looking into the cost of having cable line ran to our home so that we can have the service here it is that much better. If we are able to do it HughesNet is going to lose about 15 customers in our little area because we are that fed up with the hassle. Good luck trying to get more tokens for compensation lol
I would not trade were I live for anything especially after being gone for 6 months and I know that service is limited and it will not work perfect all the time but when you have an issue it would be nice if they at least pretended to care and fix things.
Highlighted

Good morning missyjo0206,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Let me look into getting your HughesNet Voice service up and running again. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Do you have a laptop and/or desktop computer?

If so, what Windows platform are you using, if any?

If your using Windows 10, the automatic updates being released are MASSIVE. (in excess of 1-2 Gb's)

If your computer attempts to download a Windows 10 update, and then fails half way through...it will attempt the download all over again, right from the very beginning. Believe me, several months ago my computer used in excess of 8 GB of data trying to download one of the Window 10 updates. For whatever reason, the initial download kept failing half way through...it did this 6 times before finally downloading all of the way.

You can go into your computer settings, under Update & Security and review what all updates have recently been installed..and also check and see how many of those initially failed.

Again..I'm just throwing some idea out there as to what could be causing you to go through so much data this past month especially as this is not something that you personally have experienced in past months...eventually, we will get to the bottom of it. We just gotta weed through all the possibilites is all..

Just noticed @Liz left you a reply YAH!

Help is on the way Dear! (said in my Mrs. Doubtfire voice) Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Hi missyjo0206,

Thank you for your patience. In about half an hour from now, please check if your phone has a dial tone again and let me know.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Yes!!! I finally have a dial tone. I can't believe. Thank you so much. You have no idea how thankful and appreciative we are. Again thank you so much.
Do you have any idea what was wrong?
Highlighted
Freshman

Yes we have a laptop but refuse to update to Windows 10. I don't have it set to do auto updates. Thanks for your continued help.
Highlighted
Tutor

Hi Missyjo,

after re-reading your "short novel" 

a part of it reminded me of returning home in February

after spending several months in "Sunny Dixie"

I had Public Utilities shut off my water before leaving, and I returned home (southwest MN) on a saturday afternoon.

Knowing I had to wait untill Monday to call for reconnection, I called up a plumber friend of mine to borrow his 6' long t-handle water meter tool. He came right over and twisted the valve and I had water. Smiley Wink

Monday I drove to the Utilities office, told em i was home and to read the meter.

When they found out I had already reconnected, they were kinda perturbed with me. "you Cant do That"

Times were simpler in 1998

Highlighted
Tutor

@missyjo0206 wrote:
Yes!!! I finally have a dial tone. I can't believe. Thank you so much.

Yippie!!!!  You came to the right place. Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.  Take care 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Whoohooo! I'm doing my *happy dance* for you now that your phone is working again.

@Lizis pretty awesome that way...and I'm thrilled she was able to help you out.

As far as the data usage..I really don't know what else it could be off hand. It could just be a fluke especially as you have never experienced this type of excessive data usage in the past, or perhaps one of the devices you are using did in fact get a little crazy with some sort of update.

It might be good just to take the whole 'wait and see what happens next month' approach if this is indeed a fluke. (let's hope it is)

The good thing though is that with there not being any hard data limits, your phone, and basic internet needs should still continue to work even though your speeds have been throttled.

I do hope that you will continue to use the community if you have any further issues as you have seen first hand, the support you receive here is certainly a step well above any support you will recieve via phone or chat.

((HUGS))

Highlighted

Good morning missyjo206,

Thank you for the confirmation. When you came out of the seasonal disconnect, that info did not automatically get passed onto the VOIP provider. This is a process we're currently working on so that situations like this don't happen. I'm sorry this happened to you, I'm glad we were able to get your HughesNet Voice service back online.