cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Service Useless

RW
New Poster

Voice Service Useless

I had my internet and voice installed on May 29, 2017. The internet seems to work well for the most part but the voice has been useless since day 1. I have not been able to have one single call without problems. I have diligently worked with customer support to try and correct this. You even sent me a new telephone modem but there was no improvement. I had to have my old phone service reconnected since I can't Have a conversation using your equipment. Customer support tells me that even though the phone service hasn't ever worked I have to pay for this for two years. Outrageous!! I don't understand how you can charge for a service you have failed to provide.
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Voice Service Useless

@RW

I only ask this as I've seen it being the cause of one other person's Hughesnet Voice issues, but are you using a cordless or corded phone?  If cordless, do you have access to a corded one that you could try to see if it makes any difference?   It did for the other person I speak of, though your issue may not be related.  It's only an idea.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit