cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Service canceled improperly

NicciD24
Freshman

Voice Service canceled improperly

My problem partly is because I tried to switch providers. I ended up not being able to switch because a line of site problem with the satilite so I had to stay with hughesnet. I called and informed them that I was not going to be canceling my service after all and my phone has been messed up ever since. I have not had a phone going on 2 weeks now. I was told that it would be fixed by Thursday 9-12-2019 but instead they totally disconnected my phone service that I already paid for, I have talked to at least 9 different reps. about the problem and been told it has been exclited to the next level twice and that I would be getting a call back by the end of the day. I still have not got a call back nor do I have a phone! This is going too far. It has already cost me the price of the phone bill plus gas money to dr. apts that were canceled because they couldn't get through to me and tons of irratation. I have had it with this company that is the whole reason I was trying to switch if the first place.

Nicci Brownlee

10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Re: Voice Service canceled improperly

Good morning Nicci,

Thanks for posting and providing these details, I'd like to help. I've pulled up your account to check on some things, at least your internet service and HughesNet Voice service are both active and not canceled. Looking deeper into your Voice service, activation was attempted, but wasn't completed.

I understand from your recent case notes that you were instructed to reset the HughesNet modem and the ATA to try completing activation, but you weren't at home at the time. If the person at home who was helping you wasn't able to complete those instructions, please do the following and let me know once you're done so I can run a check on your system:

-Unplug the HughesNet modem's power cable from its power brick

-Unplug the power cable from the ATA

-Wait about 1 minute

-Replug the HughesNet modem's power cable to its power brick

-Replug the power cable to the ATA

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

NicciD24
Freshman

I did all that when I got home, after waiting all day for a call back from an expert. I still have no dial tone or phone call!

Liz

Good morning Nicci, 

Thanks for confirming, I ran diagnostics on your site again and I'm still not seeing the ATA connected to your system. However, I do see you have a Netgear router. Please ensure that the ATA is plugged in directly into the HughesNet modem, and NOT the Netgear router, then let me know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

NicciD24
Freshman

Dear Liz, I know that you guys there are use to dealing with people who don't know what they are doing or don't follow direction but I promise you I am not one of those people. 

The ATA in plugged directly into the router that was supplied by Hughes Net!  I have reset both router and ATA box, I have disconnect the Netgear router and took it out of the loop as well. But nothing seems to be working. On Thursday it will be 3 weeks with no phone. 

I hope my father has not had an emergancy in the hospital that he is in. Plus I need to make some very important phone calls, for me to use my cell phone and be understood correctly I will have to drive 45 miles to the nearest cell tower just to get service because using it through the wifi sucks! This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Amazing how they can't tell, from a distance, what a talented and experienced person you are. HN should hire more psychics.   

NicciD24 said, crassly:

Dear Liz, I know that you guys there are use to dealing with people who don't know what they are doing or don't follow direction but I promise you I am not one of those people. 

The ATA in plugged directly into the router that was supplied by Hughes Net!  I have reset both router and ATA box, I have disconnect the Netgear router and took it out of the loop as well. But nothing seems to be working. On Thursday it will be 3 weeks with no phone. 

I hope my father has not had an emergancy in the hospital that he is in. Plus I need to make some very important phone calls, for me to use my cell phone and be understood correctly I will have to drive 45 miles to the nearest cell tower just to get service because using it through the wifi sucks! This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

NicciD24
Freshman

The problem is they don't listen to a word you tell them. I tell them something then they turn around and tell me to do the same thing that I just told them I did. If they would just listen to the person who is on the phone with the problem maybe people wouldn't get so upset. 

Liz

Hi Nicci,

Wonderful. I'm looking at your system now and it looks like the ATA is back online. Can you please confirm?

NicciD24
Freshman

yes because i had to plug it into the internet port which is not ment to used and they did not suggest it

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@NicciD24 wrote:

yes because i had to plug it into the internet port which is not ment to used and they did not suggest it

Which model ATA do you have?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro