Voice Service keeps dropping calls

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike21169
Sophomore

Voice Service keeps dropping calls

I have called 7 times today to get help only to have calls dropped and NOONE will call me back to finish helping me even though i have asked them to. This is getting very old. 

61 REPLIES 61
JCRAWFORD
New Poster

Our calls have been dropping left and right. I have to recall my poor mother 10 or more times just to get a 5 minute call in to her. Good luck on anyone calling me. I hate to think if i need to call 911 and no one can get through. 😕 fyi The "internet" is very flakey. suppose to be 25mbps DL or so they say.. i am lucky to get 2mbps DL or more. Had service guys come out and "Fix" my dish calibrations. Poor guy was appolgizing the whole time, saying its happening to everyone. Almost makes me wish we didnt sign up for another 2 years. 😕

Mike21169
Sophomore

What do you have to do to get tech support to help you? Customer service is terrible with hughes net think i might drop phone service since i haven't had it 30 days yet then drop net when contract expires. i have never had such a bad experience with a company. very unhappy with hughes net.

Well, Here this last November, I had put calls in, every 5 days I would call them back, since i was told i would get a call back within 2-3 days. Then i was told it was escalated to the Engineers every call. They told me I would get called back. They Had me do all kinds of tests, "Speed tests","Rebooting everything", "Cycling", Then i took a Dramatic twist and did a complete reformat of my computer. NOTHING Changed my situation. Then Finally,.. over a month later.. I had a Tech come out to my home, and come to find out what he had told me is that he had to switch my polarity from left to the right, since the MAIN HN System on there end had me set at the wrong Polarity. He told me that this was his 5th service call he had done that day for the same **bleep** issues. He applogized but he completely understood our frustration. As of today.. REALLY shoddy Internet, Dropped calls, and poor Customer service still plague us. Rain or Shine.. Doesnt matter to us, Our internet and phone is so bad It could be sunny outside and it would be like as if we was siting under a hurricane.

Mike21169
Sophomore

inally got ahold of support they sent codes to my router and modem . now i have to log any dropped calls for the next 24 hours. 😞

eugenewest
New Poster

This phone service is very bad. Hughesnet never told me anything about the delay on the line when you're trying to talk with someone. I'm having dropped calls, who ever I'm talking to has a hard time hearing what I'm saying and Hughesnet customer service is a joke. When you call there customer service you get someone your can't understand from a 3rd world country. This is a business phone I use everyday and what a giant mistake leaving Verizon and going to Hughesnet.

Mike21169
Sophomore

Gave them 3 numbers that dropped calls now they tell me they are gonna monitor my phone for undetermined amount of time. How much you wanna bet it will be after 30 days are up?

Hi Mike,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I'm keeping an eye on this case for you, it's been escalated internally. I'll check back on this Monday to look for any update and let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I would appreciate any help Liz Thank You

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your cooperation and patience, engineering is still working on your case. I'll let you know if we need additional information. If you could also clarify some things for me as well, I'd appreciate it.

Our engineers typically ask how long into the call before the call drops. From the notes, I'm seeing "30sec to 20 min" or "3 to 12 min", is any of that accurate? And this happens on a corded or cordless phone?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

hi liz thanks for the update 30 seconds to 27 mins is my latest times. i am using cordless phone

Thanks Mike. I got the engineers at corporate looking at your case. They need new data to capture and evaluate what might be happening when the call drops. Please make some calls and let me know of their timestamps so engineering knows where to look.

ok we will thanks for the help again.

Good morning Mike,

Thank you for your patience while engineering investigates. Just waiting to hear if they've captured the needed data from your recent calls. So far we're not seeing the known patterns for call drops. Are they still happening for you?

Is this happening on every call?

Does it happen when you make an outgoing call?

Does it happen when you receive a call?

Are the times when the call drops still widely varied? (As you mentioned, sometimes the call drops 30 seconds into the call, sometimes 27 min in.)

yes happens on every call pretty much mostly outgoing calls cause noone has called me much yet

Good morning Mike, 

Thank you for your feedback. Were you able to test with a corded phone? Curious to know if the dropped calls still persist then.

Hi Mike, 

Our engineers would like to debug your equipment to get to the bottom of why these disconnects are happening. I'll send you a replacement modem and ATA which you can keep, hopefully you won't encounter disconnects with these. 

However, I will e-mail you custom prepaid shipping labels for you to mail our engineers your old modem and ATA. So please do not use the shipping label that comes with the modem. 

The equipment should arrive this week, let me know how it goes. Please let me know if you have received the e-mailed shipping labels.

Hi Liz Thanks again for the help. I recieved labels and equipment, hope they can figure it out quickly. Hooked up new equipment will be sending old equipment back asap.Thanks again. Mike

Hi Liz was just informed that it will be 15 hours before they can help me with ata modem not activating. They say it is due to system matience. they have the wrong ata modem mac address activated so I guess it will be tomorrow before i can activate it. 

Good morning Mike,

Thanks for the update! Please let me know if the ATA has been activated.

Hi Liz just got ata activated and old equipment is on its way back. Thanks for your help.