cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice has loud popping noise

New Poster

Voice has loud popping noise

Since we got the Gen5 system our voice service was bad with both parties not being able to hear well. We havent been using it until the fix was rolled out. Yesterday I noticed the fix had been rolled out so today I decided to test it out. This morning with the skys cloudless I made a call and the audio was good with no dropping out. There was however loud popping noises that both ends could hear. I tried it again after a rain and cloudy skys. The audio again was good with no dropping out but the popping noise is still there. We lost power today so the everything has restarted. I'm using a cordless phone that has worked fine with a land line. The ATA we have is the Innomedia.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Voice has loud popping noise

Good morning jjk0091,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Thank you for your detailed description, this helps. I do have additional questions before I escalate further:

Do you hear anything else other than popping noises? Static or buzz?

Are there any other electronic devices near the phone? If so which devices?

Does the popping persist when only the ATA is connected to the HughesNet modem?

According to our records, you upgraded to Gen 5 in May, so you're saying that the cordless phone you're using worked fine before that.  If possible, are you able to test that cordless phone through a different service? If not, do you have a corded phone to test with the HughesNet Voice service?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Thanks for responding Liz,
The only thing that is heard out of the ordinary is the popping sound.

The phone base is sitting next to the sat modem and ata box.

I'm out of town and won't be back till Thursday so I'll test it with the ata disconnected and with a corded phone and report back. I may be able to test the cordless on a landline if needed.

Good morning jjk0091,

Thanks for clarifying. When I asked if the sound persistent when the ATA was connected to the modem, I wanted to be sure it was only the ATA and modem connected, no router in the mix, so when you test, please ensure that's the setup. 

I would greatly appreciate you testing the corded phone with the ATA as well as testing the cordless on a landline, that could be really helpful. I want to rule out the phone itself as the root cause before escalating.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

I figured out the base unit to close to the sat modem is creating interference and the popping noise. The corded phone worked fine. Thanks for your help. 

Highlighted

Wonderful, thank you for reporting back and working with me to find the cause of the popping noise! I'm glad to have helped, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Liz