Voice on Wireless Modem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaguar9
New Poster

Voice on Wireless Modem?

Is there a way to wirelessly put my Hughesnet Phone into a different room?  It's hard for me to run into the room where the phone was connected. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Amanda

Hi Jaguar9,

Great question! While there is no way to wirelessly connect the ATA to your HughesNet modem, you can use a cordless phone set to have multiple wireless phones in your home. If you don't have a nearby store like Walmart or BestBuy,  Amazon also has a great selection too. 

You could always just buy 1 cordless phone and keep it on you (many have clips) to any room you are in. I remember my cordless handsets always lasted a few days before needing a charge. I hope I was able to help 🙂

~Amanda

View solution in original post

Hello Jaguar9,

Generally with cordless phone sets you get a "base station" like the one I've (horribly) circled in red here:

All you would need to do is connect that base station to the HughesNet Voice ATA for all of the cordless phones to work! If you get a multi-phone set like the one in the picture, the bases are usually free standing, so if you don't like where you set up one of the phones you can always just plug it in somewhere else or charge the handset in another room if needed. Otherwise, plug the base station into your ATA, charge the handset and you are free to roam around with it. 

~Amanda

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hi Jaguar9,

Great question! While there is no way to wirelessly connect the ATA to your HughesNet modem, you can use a cordless phone set to have multiple wireless phones in your home. If you don't have a nearby store like Walmart or BestBuy,  Amazon also has a great selection too. 

You could always just buy 1 cordless phone and keep it on you (many have clips) to any room you are in. I remember my cordless handsets always lasted a few days before needing a charge. I hope I was able to help 🙂

~Amanda

Thanks, Amanda!  That's great!  Is there a place I can go to get instructions about setting up a Cordless Phone?

Hello Jaguar9,

Generally with cordless phone sets you get a "base station" like the one I've (horribly) circled in red here:

All you would need to do is connect that base station to the HughesNet Voice ATA for all of the cordless phones to work! If you get a multi-phone set like the one in the picture, the bases are usually free standing, so if you don't like where you set up one of the phones you can always just plug it in somewhere else or charge the handset in another room if needed. Otherwise, plug the base station into your ATA, charge the handset and you are free to roam around with it. 

~Amanda