cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice problems

Freshman

Voice problems

Posted yesterday about dropped calls. Today the call didn’t drop, instead after a couple of minutes the audio became increasingly garbled. Ended up hanging up in disgust.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Freshman

Dropped calls continue

The ongoing problem with dropped calls continues. Wife tried to call her mother at 8:00CST, first call rang, but no voice on recipient end. Second call connected, voice garbled. Cycled power on the satellite receiver and ATA box. Third call went through, spoke for a couple of minutes, then call disconnected. Fourth call connected, but had garbled audio. This has been going on in one form or another for 3 years, why can’t Hughes Net fix this?

Tags (1)

Re: Voice problems

Hello @kashblack,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with your voice service. I have reset a few parameters on your ATA and your results have come back in good standing. If you have multiple devices connected, please disconnect them while making a call and test to see if your calls are clearer. When multiple devices are running at once, this can cause the bandwidth to be stretched between these devices. Slower speeds will result in garbled audio and dropped calls. If you notice there has been no improvement, please let me know.  

-Damian 

Freshman

Right now the only device connected to the ATA box is a Panasonic cordless phone, no other devices are connected.

Distinguished Professor IV

@kashblack 

I believe what Damian is referring to is multiple devices connected to the HughesNet modem, not the ATA.  For testing purposes, you should disconnect those devices to see if your calls are clearer, then let him know if they are.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

The ATA box is the only thing that is connected, we are only using Hughes Net for voice at the moment.

@kashblack

If this is the case, there are, unfortunately no further steps that can be taken. Your equipment appears to be working as designed, however, it is possible you are experiencing the effects of peak hours. This is a period of time in the evenings where many people are using the service at once, which can sometimes slow down all users by a small amount. This would explain why your phone issues are being experienced intermittently and the last five calls had a normal diagnostics history but when you had posted there were reported disconnects according to our records. Our engineers are already maintaining the network to provide service to all customers, and there isn't anything more we can do at this point regarding peak hours. There is no specific timeline on when this issue will no longer be experienced but I can assure you that much progress has been made. Please check your private messages as I have detailed what our next steps will be going forward.

-Damian 

@kashblack

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you would still like for a technician to come out, please private message me or create a new thread. 

-Damian