Did you mean: 
tigersdad5
Sophomore

WAN light yellow all others green. Can't receive incoming calls

15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tigersdad5 

Have you tried power cycling your HughesNet equipment?  If not...

1.  Unplug the HughesNet modem and ATA.

2.  After at least 30 seconds, plug the HughesNet modem back in.

3.  Wait five minutes to allow the modem to be back up and fully ready..

4.  Plug the ATA back in.

5.  After a couple of minutes, try the service again. 

If this doesn't work, you'll likely have to wait until the reps are back on Monday.  It may help them to know which model ATA you have.  

Tried recycling wan wan light still yellow
Liz

Good morning tigersdad5,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for reaching out. What's the status of the other LEDs on the ATA? WAN is supposed to be yellow/amber.

Does it look like the above?

I ran diagnostics on your site and everything seems to be working fine, even the phone line appears to be up. Just in case I've reset the line and still see that it's active.

Do you have dial tone now?

When was the last time that you were able to make a successful call?

Have any changes been made to the connections between your HughesNet modem, the Voice ATA and your Router or PC after you had been making calls successfully?

When did you discover that you had no dial tone?

Please keep in mind with Thanksgiving coming up, no one will be in the office during the holiday and won't be back until Monday. So if you'd like to continue troubleshooting after hours or any time before Monday, give us a call at 866.347.3292 for 24/7 live support.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

They are all the same except the LAN light is not lit at all. I have a dial tone but can't receive calls can make outgoing calls

Hi tigersdad5,

Thank you for this clarification. Typical causes for inability to receive calls are a loose connection or an incorrect setup. Please refer to this guide to ensure the LAN cable connecting the ATA and the HughesNet modem is secured and in the right port: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activation/docs/mini.pdf

We want to be sure that LAN LED is lit, so I suggest unplugging and replugging the LAN cable on both sides and seeing if the LAN LED lights up.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Where is the LAN cable located

I have a blue cable going from the WAN port on my ata toto the number 1 port on my HT2000W modem does that sound right

Yes, if it looks like the picture in the instructions I sent then that is correct. The end of the cable isn't loose in the WAN port or the Number 1 port on the modem? When you plug it in on both ends there should be a clicking sound. Then check if the LAN LED comes on.

If it doesn't come on, test with another LAN cable to see if that makes a difference.

Is there supposed to be a cable going from the LAN port on my ata to the modem

No. It should be like in the picture below, as seen in the instruction pdf I previously posted:

Good morning tigersdad5,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Good morning tigersdad5,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, and would like to troubleshoot your Voice concerns live, please give us a call at 866.347.3292.

Re-opening thread to troubleshoot VOICE concern.

Re-opened thread to continue troubleshooting.

Liz

Good morning tigersdad5,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz