cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WGT World Golf Tour unplayable in multiplayer mode

Ctc
New Poster

WGT World Golf Tour unplayable in multiplayer mode

WGT, (wgt.com) an on line golf game, is nearly unplayable in multiplayer mode on a Hughes satellite connection. Playing with 2 or 3 others the game-loads between shots is unbearably slow often resulting in a WGT message box during game play: "CONNECTION LOST. COULD NOT CONNECT TO WGT. There seems to be a problem with your internet connection. A connection with WGT servers could not be established. Do you want to retry?"  Argh.

Clicking 'No' drops me out of the  game. Clicking 'Yes' continues the game but only after a 45 second or so delay for me and my playing partners. Out of courtesy to them I often need to forfeit to speed up their play. This is not a resource-demanding game: a course screen loads, someone takes a shot, repeat. The game loaded and played fine in multiplayer mode on a 2mbps dsl conenction but I really can't impose the delays between shots on my playing partners using Hughes.

Any thoughts or suggestions in improving the shot-load lag and eliminating the CONNECTION LOST issues is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Ctc
New Poster

Re: WGT World Golf Tour unplayable in multiplayer mode

A 45 second delay and eventual drop of the connection by WGT is a problem beyond mere latency. 

Freshman

Re: WGT World Golf Tour unplayable in multiplayer mode

something is going on, i know about 3 months ago i could be world of warcraft with around 500-600ms no problems and thats not a huge delay but here recently over the past few months its been at 3000-5000ms and its simply unusuable.