Hughesnet Community

WHY....is.....it.....STILL........so .....slowwww??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poppypuppy
Observer

WHY....is.....it.....STILL........so .....slowwww??

WHY....is.....it.....STILL........so .....slowwww?? Spent an hour on the phone trying to resolve this, got about 10 minutes of decent service, then went right back to slower-than-my-ancient-dial-up, and stayed there. I AM NOT GETTING WHAT I AM PAYING FOR, and I am NOT happy!
15 REPLIES 15
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

The first step would be to open the modems internal SCC (System Control Center) and look to see if you are in FAP and if any error conditions are present.

Are the two icons at the top center of the page both green ?

poppypuppy
Observer

I'm well beyond that step, having spent more than an hour on the phone with the tech. Got about 10minutes of good service after, then reverted to dinosaur speed and stayed there.. But you could have read THAT in the original question.......
Ricky
Tutor

I understand you are frustrated but you are not dealing with level 1 support any more. You are at the corporate level with Mod support. There are however others here on the forum such as "Champions" and just other long time members that are customers of HughesNet. Take the time to settle down and listen to them. They can help. If the regular folks can not help the mods will be back on Monday. Hey why not get a jump start on what the mods will need by following the suggestions of the champs or long time regular folks.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"But you could have read THAT in the original question......."

Actually I did. I was leading up to looking at the error codes and conditions that will tell a "story" of their own:

Its called one step at a time.

While you are at it, define "slow" for us.

Link to saved testmy.net results ?

poppypuppy
Observer

I JUST (as in yesterday) went through ALL that with their tech over the phone. Cannot see how going over it all again will help.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Because this is at the corporate level, not tier one.
poppypuppy
Observer

And all that stuff still says its all good. heh
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Heh,
Don't make work out of it,
Post a screenshot of the SCC main page (sans SAN) and they State Code Monitor.
Liz

Good morning poppypuppy,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We'd like to help address your speed concerns. As Gwalk noted, we are here at the corporate office, and if needed I can certainly escalate your case to the corporate engineers here for their assistance. 

To get started, please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests so that we get a proper evaluation of your system performance: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like:http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

poppypuppy
Observer

I have no idea how to do that
poppypuppy
Observer

I cooperate to the best of my ability, but half the time I don't know what you are talking about, so I just get more frustrated. Then, with so many posts here complaining of slowness, I begin to think it isn't ME, but a corporate run-around.
Liz

OK, please let us know what you need assistance with and we can try to walk you through things step by step.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

poppypuppy
Observer

I guess not treating me like a mushroom would help. About 8 hours after I was asked to take a survey, the system "miraculously" healed itself with no effort on my part. I can therefore be pretty sure the problem wasn't on MY end, hmmm?
Liz

I'm doubtful that a survey has anything to do with your system, but it if's working better for you now that's great. If you have additional concerns, feel free to come back.

Thanks,
Liz

Ricky
Tutor

poppypuppy, if you would just drop the attitude and jump through the hoops one more time here at the corporate level I am sure they will fix your issue. If you are worn out and don't want to humor them a bit and do what they ask then I understand and you will have to deal with your system as it is. You will have no one to blame but yourself since you have the best help available right here at this forum.