cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST PROVIDER EVER

WORST PROVIDER EVER

referred to by Dish who says if you live out in the country you can now get internet...LIES...so Dish suggest this horrible company...we were lied to about how much data we'd be able to use. we were told we'd be able to do online gaming as well as home schooling. FALSE. we were out of internet within 7-9 days into our cycle. when we call to figure out what happened they offered us more gigs but it still wasn't enough. when we called to cancel services they want 400$ b'cuz we change service plan and it would be a breach of contract, UNREAL. now were stuck in this bogus contract for 2 years b'cuz they lied so that we'd have to change of cancel services....i pay twice as much for 100 times less data than Charter cable, 16 days without internet...stay with cable providers, satellite companies and their internets SUCKS
17 REPLIES 17
Honorary Alumnus

Re: WORST PROVIDER EVER

Richard,

Satellite Internet, (regardless of provider) is for those that have no other highspeed options .. period

Your "deal" with Dish is no more than a "bundling" .... a billing trick, a "partnership".

Sat Internet is capped for a reason.

Assistant Professor

(sigh) If you had cable internet, you should have stayed with that.

if you are within 30 days you cancel according to sec rules without cost!!

Dish I worked for those crooks for a couple of years.  I have no love loss for them.  One question though if you had Cable available why go to satellite? 

Satellite if for rural people with no other choice for internet.  And as for TV Directv is 20 times better than Dish as far as the way they treat their customers.  What Lou said is true if your within 30 days you can cancel without a ETF but day 31 game over.

Hi Richard,

We want to look into this for you and see how we can smooth out your issues. I've tried looking for your account by name and e-mail but have been unsuccessful. Do you have a recent case number or the serial number of your modem? Once we can find your account we can start working on the details.

Thanks,
Amanda

Started with Hughes when no cable or satellite was available in my area, 2007 I think now have moved up to Gen 4 Ultra pakage.  In the beginning was bad now have learned how to use Knowledge base and System control panel have been mostly happy. Download movies to XBOX (now the settling on XBOX cause me headaches but I am learning that setting on any software are so important to how everything plays well with each other.  

Good point Jezra and I know for a fact all calls to Dish are recorded and the accounts are notated by the agents.  These can and should be Subpoenaed if need be.  By law they have to release any and all information regarding your account to you.  Dish and HughesNet are both owned by Echostar so there is your ammo. Now go get em' Richard.

Sure it's like TV Guide is owned by News Corp. who owns FOX and DirecTV and Fox News along with Rovi and it never ends with these large Corporate Giants.  But I did have a great 401K when I worked at TV Guide and DirecTV for a while.  But it was funny that TV Guide that was owned by News Corp who owns DirecTV was selling Dish Network who was owned by Echostar their largest competitor.  Now figure that one out.

Great to see the concern, this option by far is the best ever! The members here Care, and want to help, not just Paid hands! But to see Official Reps here only enforces my Belief I made the right choice coming here!