cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH is going on? 11 GB disappeared today.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: WTH is going on? 11 GB disappeared today.

@InvalidUsername wrote:
Delivery Optimization must be Win 10. I use Win 7

You may want to consider upgrading to Windows 10 for the sake of security.  It's still a free upgrade.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
InvalidUsername
New Poster

I've done Windows since 3.1 and I'm over it. I actually bought a laptop with 10 on it and took it back because it pissed me off so bad. I'll stick with 7, or go linux.
InvalidUsername
New Poster

That's a shame, a mod deleted my comment. Must mean my hypothesis is correct.
fox12
Sophomore

LOL, or maybe it means they are tired of trying to help you when you won't cooperate.
They can't say that because they are attached to Hughes, but I am not. I am just a regular member like you.
Windows 7 is not even supported by Microsoft, no updates or virus protection. You could have a virus or malware using your data.

maratsade

Comments are removed when they violate community guidelines and/or community terms of service. This is a privately owned site, and the moderators have the legal right to moderate content, up to and including its removal.

It would benefit the OP to install the free Glasswire software as was suggested.  Remy can't help until the OP installs the software. After that, the OP needs to run the software over a day or so of normal internet usage, and post screenshots. 

@fox12 wrote:

LOL, or maybe it means they are tired of trying to help you when you won't cooperate.
They can't say that because they are attached to Hughes, but I am not. I am just a regular member like you.
Windows 7 is not even supported by Microsoft, no updates or virus protection. You could have a virus or malware using your data.

InvalidUsername
New Poster

"LOL, or maybe it means they are tired of trying to help you when you won't cooperate. They can't say that because they are attached to Hughes, but I am not. I am just a regular member like you. Windows 7 is not even supported by Microsoft, no updates or virus protection. You could have a virus or malware using your data." 

I've done everything that's been asked. I installed Glasswire yesterday. That should have been obvious from my previous comment.

Blaming this on a virus is just a lame excuse and a distraction. Everything worked fine until I upgraded. It's not credible that I suddenly got a virus.

InvalidUsername
New Poster

"Comments are removed when they violate community guidelines and/or community terms of service. This is a privately owned site, and the moderators have the legal right to moderate content, up to and including its removal."

Yeah I get that, but there was nothing offensive in the post. All I did was speculate as to what was causing the problem. That it was removed is very sus

GabeU

@InvalidUsername wrote:
That's a shame, a mod deleted my comment. Must mean my hypothesis is correct.

It has nothing to do with your hypothesis.  Your comment was assuredly removed for being offensive:  i.e. your choice of metaphor.  There's no need for it.  This is a support forum and public.  Please keep that in mind.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

@fox12 wrote:

maratsade and I are no more attached to Hughes than you.  

maratsade

That's your opinion, meaning that the mods may have a different one.   Your speculations themselves may violate community rules.  They're also a bit silly.

@InvalidUsername wrote:

Yeah I get that, but there was nothing offensive in the post. All I did was speculate as to what was causing the problem. That it was removed is very sus