Waiting for an update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waltdog72080
New Poster

Waiting for an update

I have been paying for the worst internet that has ever hit the year 2019. When are we going to get an update so we can have the internet that we're paying for. I don't understand how Hughnet can take money from people and give nothing in return. I'm sick and tried of having to worry about what's on my WiFi everyday scared that it's only going to be some time before Hughnet throttles me from the already worste service ever. An update to the service so we can at lease load a Google page would be nice after paying 80 dollars a month. If there is anybody out there that can please let me know how to get from under the worste contract I have ever signed without paying the $300 cancellation fee, please le me know. I'm willing to do whatever to get around that. Is there a person that I can talk to that can help me get from under it? I want out. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The first thing to do is to post something here, with enough detail so the Hughesnet people can address your concerns (your current post does not provide such detail).  If speed is your issue, you may be required to submit speed tests from Testmy.net.  Ultimately, Hughesnet is the one to decide whether they can waive your ETF or not. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

waltdog72080 wrote:

I have been paying for the worst internet that has ever hit the year 2019. When are we going to get an update so we can have the internet that we're paying for. I don't understand how Hughnet can take money from people and give nothing in return. I'm sick and tried of having to worry about what's on my WiFi everyday scared that it's only going to be some time before Hughnet throttles me from the already worste service ever. An update to the service so we can at lease load a Google page would be nice after paying 80 dollars a month. If there is anybody out there that can please let me know how to get from under the worste contract I have ever signed without paying the $300 cancellation fee, please le me know. I'm willing to do whatever to get around that. Is there a person that I can talk to that can help me get from under it? I want out. Thanks 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@waltdog72080 

I'm sure a rep will run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment and then reply with some questions for you or with the next step in the process to help determine the cause of your issue(s).  Please be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can run those diagnostics. 

Damian

Hello Walter,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this. After running diagnostics on your account, it appears things are running properly. Your devices all have a good signal and your modem is receiving adequate speeds. You should be able to load a google page very easily. First, I recommend power cycling your modem by unplugging it from the wall outlet for 30 seconds. Please wait for up to two minutes for it to power back on. It looks like it's been about 65 days since the last time the modem was reset, so this may help. Once you have power cycled the modem, please run a speed test on testmy.net while connected directly to the modem via LAN cable, and post your findings here. Please go to hninfo.us/speedtest, as there are instructions on that page for performing these tests. 

-Damian

@waltdog72080 wrote:

........................ I'm sick and tried of having to worry about what's on my WiFi everyday scared that it's only going to be some time before Hughnet throttles me......................

I'm sure you'll get some help with your issues here.  As far as worrying about what on your WIFI or hardwired to your system,  that's just a fact of life with any data limited service. 

You might want to look at this link:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

Damian

Walter, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you. 

-Damian