cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to drop Hughesnet

Want to drop Hughesnet

We've had Hughesnet for 2 days and I can already tell that all information we've received over the phone as well as from the installer himself has been false. We want to remove it and go back to our original internet.

Is there any policy in place where we can cancel our contract after a very short period of time of it being put in place? As I said, it's only been two days. It'd be kind of ridiculous to charge us $450 to cancel it when we haven't even paid a bill on it yet.
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Want to drop Hughesnet

You have 30 day evaluation with no ECF so drop it before then.

Why would you change to satellite service if you already have an internet provider? Satellite is for those who have no other choice for high speed internet. It will never be as good as DSL or your cable provider.

I do not like hughesnet at all..they lied to me I call and complain and they do this and do that just to get you past your 30 days
Tutor

I'm normally very happy with Hughes but I suggest you get out while the getting is good if you have any other viable alternative.

It's painfully obvious Hughes has some very serious issues in recent months. Cut your losses now.
Associate Professor

If you want to avoid the ETF, call and request an "Immediate Cancellation" for your service before the 30 days is up, make sure when you receive the return box for equipment that you send the modem and transmitter from the dish back, and keep tracking numbers of everything, as well as case numbers, and serial numbers of the equipment.
Highlighted

Hi,
Not much new for me.  I am happy with GEN4. I know the limitations and have no other alternative.  

I did have Hughes before GEN4 and it was terrible. I called at 29 days to cancel.  They gave me a second evaluation period.  It got worse so I did cancel and was glad I still had the dial up..  When GEN4 came along, i tried it again, with some trepidation, but it has been OK.  Send stuff back. They do make it easy with the box.  If you don't send it in, you will be charged several hundred dollars, but you will have 45 days for Hughes to receive.  YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR THE MONTH at whatever your plan is - I am fairly sure.  I was.  

Make sure to write down names, case numbers. I had some credit card charges to reverse (Totally Hughes fault)  The overcharges were finally credited, but it was a huge hassle on phone. 

Have had no problems for 25 months now, happily. 

Hope this helps.

-Larry in North Idaho

They are I believe headed for bankruptcy unless they get their act together, they have more people against them than for them!

Good morning Randy,

Do give us a call at 866.347.3292 if HughesNet is not a good fit for your needs and you would like to cancel. If you have other concerns we can address feel free to post back.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Associate Professor

There are no actual satellite companies that start with a D...  I have a feeling you are going through a WISP which is very different from Satellite.