Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to drop Hughesnet

Re: Want to drop Hughesnet

D = DISH probably
Honorary Alumnus

Or the "partnership bundle" with Directv, which in the end is still (depending on location) still Hughesnet.

The rub there being, when it comes to "support" you are talking to folks who's native product is TV.

That is really adding an additional layer.

There is of course iDirect for sat Internet but with an initial outlay of about $4500 for equipment and service plans starting at around $1500 per month .......

This does not sound feasible for those of us who live where there is not even cell phone service. Our limitations are dial-up or satellite (Hughesnet).

I am about to get shed of them also! They have not replied to my pleas to change my due date so I reckon I will opt out also! Maybe if they lose a few customers they will learn!

Hey Gwalk900

Just FYI all Directv or Dish will do is transfer to the internet provider in question.  If the customer calls the number provided for the internet when it hits the Hughes agent it will have a pop up saying it is a Directv call.  They do this with the Telephone bundles also. 

Hey Larry

Churn is part of doing business there is a certain percentage expected and it is built into the business plan.  What needs to be done is the independent dealers need to be held to standards when it comes to sales representatives. 

Hi Ginny,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new ISP! For clarification, Digis is not a satellite internet provider, but rather a fixed wireless broadband internet provider.

Here are links for your reference:

What Is Fixed Wireless Broadband Internet Access?

How does DIGIS Internet service work? "DIGIS provides an Internet connection via a wireless antenna system."

Have a great day!

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning Larry,

We were able to pull up your account and changed your bill/due date from the 6th to the 15th as you requested. I apologize we did not call you back as indicated in your case history. Your next bill will be available March 15, just bear in mind it will be prorated to include service from March 6. Feel free to come back and start a new thread if you have any other concerns, we're happy to address them.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Do you offer Lifeline home phone service?

That's pretty cool, enjoy! Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz