Hughesnet Community

Was not informed of all the facts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnymccoin

Was not informed of all the facts

I received a mailer from Skyview Soluions and called 877-617-3781 and discussed at length. Was told I would get 60GB for 49.99 a month with 10 MB download and 1 MB upload. I was with Wild Blue for over 10 years and was paying $126. for 27 GB and jumped at the deal to get more for half the price. Skyview was out soon to install and I paid $299.98 for the equipment. At no time was it mentioned that there was only 10 GB of anytime use and the rest was at a reduced speed. It was even mentioned that I could download movies as long as I used SD and not HD. I explained that I had 4 computers in the house and was informed no problem. I was not provided a copy of the contract but used my finger to sign on the installer's cell phone. I was dumb because I did not find out all the facts of what I signed until I researched on line . I have now located a wireless provider with unlimited data and will get out and advise everyone I know in my rural area the facts. I am posting this privately and hope there is a way out.
2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Good morning Johnny,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We should be able to locate your account with information on your community account and see if Skyview Solutions has a copy of your sales call recording. We definitely do want our sales agents, dealers and technicians making sure that potential customers understand that the data is split into two buckets (Anytime and Bonus) where Bonus Bytes are usable between 2-8AM. Not doing so only causes confusion and frustration as I am sure you are aware. I appreciate your patience while we look into this.

Thank you.
Amanda
Liz

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your patience while we had your sales call reviewed. The review indicated that your complaint is valid, and I apologize for that; you should have been properly informed about how our data allowance works. 

Please refer to case number 55450487, when you call us at 866.347.3292 to cancel; as it has corporate instructions to waive your early termination fee.

I'm glad you have another ISP option available, and wish you the best. If you have additional concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!