Hughesnet Community

Was told I'd have access to software for downloading Netflix during Bonus Hours? Where?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcmarney
Freshman

Was told I'd have access to software for downloading Netflix during Bonus Hours? Where?

During my sales call I was told I'd have access to software to download Netflix during bonus hours. I have looked around extensively and cannot find anything like this. 

Does this software exist? If so, please lead me to the download link.

If not, please contact me to let me know why I was misled by the sales agent. (My call should still be on file.)

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you say "download Netflix" do you mean the movies and shows, to watch offline?   If so, you need to download the Netflix app from the Windows store.  You can also download the app to iOS devices. Here's the help page from Netflix

Oddly enough, I don't have the Windows Store on any of my Apple devices. I do, of course, have Netflix downloaded from the App Store, where availble.

However, downloading the Netflix App does not answer my question regarding software to schedule the downloading of shows during Bonus Hours. 

maratsade

OK, gotcha.  I don't know  if there's anything that works with the Netflix app except setting your alarm clock.  Too bad the agent didn't give you the info and you didn't think to ask.  

maratsade

"Oddly enough, I don't have the Windows Store on any of my Apple devices."

What a crazy oversight on the part of Apple. 

This service does exactly what I was told I would have access to: https://www.gonightshift.com/hughesnet/

Only problem is the $100 sign-up + monthly fees, and the fact that they are no longer accepting sign-ups.

Supposedly, Hughesnet will be providing me with a similar solution, and I have just missed it.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

HughesNet does not provide software to download from any site or on a schedule. That is strictly third party and as you've already discovered, comes with a price.

I cannot imagine why they would have told me otherwise on the sales call, then....

Hughesnet? Care to weigh in?

Hi jcmarney,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! We can certainly request to have your sales call reviewed to see if "software for downloading Netflix" was offered by a sales rep, which would be incorrect. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I will look forward to hearing back from you.

Good morning jcmarney,

Thank you for your patience, looks like the review results got stuck in transit. I just received it now:

After reviewing the call, the agent does bring up the feature that Netflix has which allows the customer to download shows and movies to watch offline.  They then go on to talk about our bonus bytes and how the customer can set a download manager to download movies during that bonus time, but does not specify that the Netflix feature would not work in conjunction with this.  I can definitely see how the customer made the association with both of these services.

I apologize for the agent not being clear about all this; the agent no longer works with us and the rest of the agents will be instructed on how to properly address streaming and downloading. Thank you for bringing this to light so we can improve our services. 

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

How are we coming on this?