Hughesnet Community

We need a Linux version of the Downloas Status Meter !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

We need a Linux version of the Downloas Status Meter !

I for one am going to pass on Win10 and the clock is ticking for Win7.
Linux Mint runs very well on my laptop but it would be nice to have a Linux compatible version of the Download Status Meter.

99 REPLIES 99
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

That would work just fine.  As long as I can see what I have used out of my total, that's good enough for me.  Nice job, jeZRa. 

Pawnee County

Hey Jezra

Yea that would work out fine good job.  Are you gonna share it?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Is the coffee holding out OK ?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Is there any way to "color code" the systray icon to reflect Anytime or Bonus Bytes in effect as well as in FAP by color ?
GabeU

Does the ring for the status meter change color if in FAP?  I haven't been in FAP so I don't know.  I know it goes orange or something like that in the meter itself if you are past your expected usage at any given time.   
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Not sure. I have never FAPed under Gen4.
In fact I have 27.5 GB of Tokens so I'll likely never find out.
SCC status icon of course is colorized according to to status or condition.
Knerkin Akin

Yes. The ring turns bright red when FAPped.
GabeU

That's good.  At least it will immediately let someone know why their internet is not performing very well.  Of course, getting people to actually use the status meter and look at it...that's another story.  The people who don't pay attention to their usage are the ones that wouldn't see the warning when they get it, anyway.  LOL.   

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Knerkin, good to know ... it does however beg the question .... what have  you been doing with all your data ?  🙂
Knerkin Akin

GabeU: Remember AOL's "You've got mail!"?  HughesNet could have a "You've been FAPped!"
GabeU

Remember?  Heck, I wish I could forget it.  I still have to hear it every time I go to my folks' house and my stepfather is on the computer.  He hangs onto that AOL and dialup like it's gold or something.  I'm bringing his laptop over here once every two weeks just to update it.  LOL.

"You've Been Fapped!"  I love it!  You could get that lady from "The Weakest Link" to voice it.  "You have been fapped.  Goodbye!" 
Knerkin Akin

AOL has a tattoo on my brain. In the mid 80s,  I was a BBS heavy. One day at the office, a colleague hollered at me "Some guy named Steve Case from  Quantum Computers wants to talk with you. Turns out a bunch of us BBS folk were being solicited to do testing of a new service called PC-Link. Was fun for a while, but there were severe ethical differences between the gang in charge and a couple of us who wanted to sell testing utilities to the beta team.  I left, bloodied. That was the precursor of AOL. My timing has never been that good <g>. 
GabeU

Did you see what was coming and invest in AOL?  I remember when I first moved to Northern Virginia and a friend of mine who was into stocks talked about AOL and how it was going to be a big thing.  Well, to make a long story short, a lot of us felt like kicking ourselves for not listening to him.  I've never been so close to having an opportunity to invest in something when it wasn't mind bogglingly huge yet, but which eventually became so.  Not now, of course, but it certainly was for a time.  Ugh! 
Pawnee County

Hey Knerican

I was one of the BBS guys I ran a point using ppoint I got that PC-Link call as well.  At that time all of us gun-hoo DOS folks were fighting Windows and Internet we thought DOS BASIC and a good BBS Network was the only way to go.  Dang we were dumb way back then. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Lol...."Knerican", hey Jerza what's up? Call me BawgGird. Sorry, NeePaw Touncty just having fun.
Knerkin Akin

GabeU: That's what I meant about my timing. No, not a single penny invested. None of us thought the place would ever amount to much. But, when you throw enough money at something!

Pawnee County: I was Frankly Curt out of Newport, RI, node 6 in RIME.  At the time, I was doing research into reusable code for large defense projects and was introduced to ARPANET and its e-mail network. None of us ever used the phone, e-mail being so much less intrusive. I still, 30 years later, can't tolerate the phone's ringing, demanding priority. And, yes, command line worked first time, every time!  
GabeU

Heck, I don't think anyone knew what the internet would become.  If you could go back twenty five years and tell people what it is like now, they would probably want to lock you up in an asylum.  Just tell them you can lock or unlock your front door from across the country using your cell phone.  Or turn your coffee pot on.  Or watch a movie.  Ugh!  No one would believe you.  Watching any episode of any TV show you want at anytime.  "Yeah, sure.  Whacko!!!"  LOL. 

I guess only Al Gore saw it coming, with him inventing the internet and all.  LMAO.  J/K.   

Amanda

Hi

Just an update - haven't forgotten about you. I still have not gotten a response on if this is being considered or not. I will re-send my email to the services team and see what happens.

Thanks
Amanda
Pawnee County

Get after them Amanda you can do it.
Amanda

I can try.

I have a response but.. its not super solid. The good news is it isn't a definite no! 🙂

Amanda