Hughesnet Community

We need a Linux version of the Downloas Status Meter !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

We need a Linux version of the Downloas Status Meter !

I for one am going to pass on Win10 and the clock is ticking for Win7.
Linux Mint runs very well on my laptop but it would be nice to have a Linux compatible version of the Download Status Meter.

99 REPLIES 99
ericdanielle

Just my two cents...   I have been looking for a status meter for ios, and for Linux.  If I switch my computer back to Linux, it would sure be nice to have something.  I refuse to go to windows 10.  I dislike what seems to be ALWAYS having to update.  That has been a major let down with the new PS4 and Xbox one.  I got rid of the Xbox one because of always needing updates, and got the PS4.  Sure enough!  it needs updates, and the games need updates ALL THE DANG TIME! 

Again, that's why status meters are so important.  🙂

ericdanielle

Let me ship you my wifes laptop!  😉  lol
Pawnee County

Dang Jezra good job sure glad you are around.  oh!! Thanks for your effort and time you have invested it is appreciated. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Jezra,

You are OK, despite what BirdDog says 🙂

Looking forward to the final version.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Pawnee County

I just can't keep up with all these name changes..........................OOPS!!! I changed mine didn't I >.................................Never Mind.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

jezra,

You DA MAN!!!

Pawnee County

Good job Jezra.  I noticed you do have a tray icon at the bottom of the screen nice touch.  It looks like you are way ahead of the HughesNet Engineers give yourself a fist bump or two. 
GabeU

Very nice. 
ericdanielle

THAT IS A SWEET TOOL!!!  I just wish i could leave it running without the terminal window.  (I'm a linux noob) Maybe there is a way?  Otherwise I just open the Terminal and run the command everytime i wan't to check data, and close it when i am done. 

NICE WORK!
GabeU

I like your site.  Interesting sideburns. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Mint 17.3 Cinnamon here.

Pawnee County

Mint 18 Cinnamon works in terminal will try to figure out how to get it to autoload on startup and stay there with terminal hidden.  Good job Jezra. 
Pawnee County

With Mint 18 Cinnamon easy to auto start just go -Menu- -system settings- -startup applications- -add- -custom command- give it a name, then under command type hnsm, I choose a delay time of 1, then reboot and there it is in the tray.

I do have a snag that the daily graphs did not work but the usage wheel is there, I will see if I can figure that out and let you all know.  Unless someone else can figure it out first.
Pawnee County

Well Jezra for some reason unannounced to me the graph just started working so all is fine.  I guess it just had to wait for the modem to catch up.  I did go to the SCC on one PC and had the status meter on another and the status meter runs right along with the SCC so it works.  I don't know about other Linux versions but in 64 bit Mint 18 Cinnamon smooth as silk.  I have 17.3 on two other PCs and will try in on one of them but do not see any problems.  I think on any Ubuntu are Debian based distro it should work if put into auto at startup.

I think HughesNet owes you a bonus or something this is something that is long overdue us Linux users are overlooked way to often.

Thanks

Gary
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Would think Jezra is due an insulated drink mug at the least. What do you think Gabe?  : )
GabeU

Yep.  He should get one, no doubt! 

Pawnee County

Well it just took some time to load it is working perfect now that is all that counts.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Good Job Jezra !
Thank You .

Hope they send you a "Beverage Cup" 🙂
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Now this is cool, My Projected Throttle Date is May 22nd, 2017.

BirdDoggy, chew on that  !
GabeU

Well, now you've got me wanting to try this.  I just downloaded Linux Mint 18 in Cinnamon and will install it in my old Dell, just to try the new JezraMeter.  Maybe I can finally give the old thing away.  Right now my three and a half legged cat uses it as a "stepping stool" to get on the bed.  LOL.