Hughesnet Community

We receive 0x800CCC0F email send error using HughesNet as opposed to hotspot connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoelT
New Poster

We receive 0x800CCC0F email send error using HughesNet as opposed to hotspot connection.

We can receive but cannot send email through hughesnet modem internet connection. Under one roof we have 2 WIN10 computers…one using Outlook2010 and one using Outlook365. One is hardwired to the modem the other uses the wifi connection. Both receive error 0x800CCC0F after failed send. Either computer can send using either of our phones hotspot as an internet connection. This is a new (4 week old) problem with no obvious system changes we're aware of. Any ideas what’s up with this hughesnet problem?

29 REPLIES 29
Liz

Hi JoelT,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I appreciate you including that error code, that helps. Let me escalate this to our e-mail admins for their insight, but before I do, I could use additional information to include in the escalation:

Are you using HughesNet e-mail accounts?

If not, what is the domain of the sending address?

What is the domain of the receiving address?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz

We're not using HughesNet email.  'joelt@[edited for privacy]' thru Outlook365 and 'jan@[edited for privacy]' thru Outlook2010 are the sending and recieving domains both hosted by mydomain.com.  Thanks for any help.

Joel

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JoelT 

To be safe, with this being a publicly viewable site it may be a good idea to edit the email addresses out of your post. 

To edit a post, click on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the post and click "Edit Reply".

Liz

Thanks for the speedy reply, Joel. So for example, jan is emailing joel (or vice versa), then gets the 0x800CCC0F error? 

Does the error persist when e-mailing an address on a different domain like gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

We can receive from anyone. We can't send to anyone regardless of their domain unless we bypass the HughesNet modem with a phones hotspot to get to the internet.

Good morning JoelT,

Thank you for clearing that up, I'll escalate this to engineering for their insight. I'll post back once I have any news or questions.

Thanks,

Liz

Is anyone making headway on this error? I have found that while my "send" doesn't make it to our domain server. If I use it's webmail I can send...but that's a hassle. There's some sort of disconnect sending from my desktop to the server when using hughnet but not when using verizon.

Hi JoelT,

Thanks for this bit of info. I haven't gotten an update from engineering yet, but I'll send send your latest feedback to them. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I understand it, while on a HughesNet connection, you're able to send via the webmail interface of your e-mail accounts, but sending fails only when you try it in Outlook 365 and Outlook 2010?

-Liz

We cannot send from either of our computers through hughesnet modem but can send mail through verizon hotspot.

OK, I wasn't sure how the webmail part factored in, I thought that you could send via webmail on the HughesNet connection, but turns out that's not the case, thanks.

What you thought was correct. Another hughesnet tech suggested that being able to send email using the webmail server was a factor....not sure why...(maybe because I build cabinets for a living not computers...lol).  If our emails are generated in front of the HN modem we get an error trying to send. To generate and send an email using a webmail server after the HN modem sends fine. 

Hi Joel,

Just a short update, we're checking if we can reach your mydomain mailserver. Once I have any other other news to share I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks for the update. Everyone should be able to send to my domain server which is where I receive emails from.  I can generate and send emails using that off site server. I just can't generate and send emails from my on site computer thru a HN modem to that server. At present I'm using verizon exclusively and my acct is on a 2 month "off mode" while this is all evaluated. Case# 128421626

Hi Joel,

Just letting you know our engineers are still investigating. Once I have any news from them to share I'll let you know.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

Hi Joel,

Engineering would like to know if this issue happens all the time or at a certain time? They tested the connection between mydomain.com and the gateway serving your area and that appears fine.

-Liz

This happened 100% of the time since the third week of February. By gateway I presume you mean our in home HN modem. That "gateway" seems to be the problem .... or possibly Outlook although it happened with completely different versions on different computers, so that seems less likely.  If we generate an email on our side of the HN modem gateway it will not send and we recieve the error. If we generate and send through our Verizon hotspot gateway we can send emails. If we generate an email using webmail at our mydomain server, through either Verizon hotspot or HN modem we can send emails but the email doesn't feed through the HN modem nor does it use Outlook. 

Hi Joel,

Thanks for verifying that this happens all the time. I've passed this along to the inquiring engineer.

The gateway I'm referring to is a place that helps relay data to and from your HughesNet modem.

I'll post back once i have any updates or further questions from engineering.

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Joel,

Engineering needs to access your modem to troubleshoot. May I re-activate your account so they can do that?

-Liz

Yes...for troubleshooting.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your permission, I've gone ahead and reactivated the account and informed our engineers so they can resume investigating. I'll let you know once I have any updates or instructions for you.

Thanks,

Liz