Web Acceleration Not Supported, SLOW speeds when downloading games

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Th3LUG
Freshman

Web Acceleration Not Supported, SLOW speeds when downloading games

So like a few other posts I have the Web Acceleration Not Supported on my status page. I am under FAP right now, and usually when I download games on Steam on my PC during FAP I can get between 200 and 300 KBs, but now it varies from 1-150 KBs, and bounces back and fourth very badly. I thought it was the weather, but when I got some tokens to restore speed, my speed was still slow, about 1-3 MBs when it used to be 2-5 MBs. This started when the Web Acceleration Not Supported happened. Can Hugesnet restore the Web Acceleration please?

24 REPLIES 24

There are several sites that are routinely slow due to bad routes from HughesNet's provider (as shown through traceroutes). Steam is one of them, along with anything related to Microsoft, especially github. It's been really bad the past month or so.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Th3LUG , 

You will need to run speed tests so the speed issue can be addressed here. These speed tests are required to have any speed issues addressed on this site, and they need to be conducted in a specific way. 

See https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607
For more information on running these tests, check this page: https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/how-check-your-speed-performance

debyemm

We just saw this too, first time today.  One of us was on a livestream and it just stopped at a very inconvenient time in the middle.  Tech support said our system is not supported for livestream but minutes later this person was able to get back into it.  The tech really could not explain this well to me. The not supported message is still showing hours later.  As to slow speed - that's normal.  We hate it but since satellite is our only option here, we just tolerate it hoping someday we have better options (in sparsely populated rural area).

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@debyemm 

Not supported doesn't mean it won't work.  It means that if there's a problem with it, HughesNet will not support it, as it's not specifically designed to run livestream. Even so, livestream may work for some people some of the time.  

As for Web acceleration, read this post

Keep in mind this is a tech support site, so if you need tech support with an issue, you will need to go to the Tech Support area and start a new ticket by clicking the blue button marked  "Start a topic."  You will need to have your own ticket to get replies from the reps on this site and to get your case reviewed.