Web Acceleration Status

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sli-er_15
Sophomore

Web Acceleration Status

For the last week the Web Acceleration Status of our HN7000S modem has been "dying" (not Operational or Inactive) every night during the time when the FAP is disabled. No amount of Turbopage Teardowns help in jumpstarting it. During this time we've been getting very slow or no internet at all for the first 3 - 4 hours of the free download period. It's pretty much the same as the problem I posted about on 2.16. Will this be the norm for us until the Covid-19 pandemic is resolved?
A few screenshots showing what I am experiencing.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.47.08 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.59.22 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 11.04.49 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.37.19 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.57.03 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.02.35 AM.jpeg

18 REPLIES 18
Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Thanks for sharing, I've sent up your inquiry for insight from the folks who handle our Alaskan sites. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi sli-er_15,

I haven't forgotten about you, I'm just trying to get some updates from engineering. Once I have anything to share I'll let you know. Have a good weekend!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

Thank you for the update. I sent you a PM.

Hello sli-er_15,

I appreciate your patience while engineering reviewed your case. They suggest that a tech repeak your dish for optimal signal and review your site. 

The tech will reach out to schedule and confirm the visit with you. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

I will PM you with additional details from engineering's insight.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz,

Thank you for updating my query. I don't really understand, my connection is fine when FAP isn't disabled, it's a bit slower than usual but I don't get the same slowness or no connection that I experience during the free download period every night. I attached a couple ping tests, one is taken during the day and the other from when the FAP is disabled.
Since there is no tech here that I know of, where is he/she going to come from and do I have to pay for their roundtrip air travel? It'll cost me in the hundreds of $$ if that's the case.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.18.44 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.01.50 PM.jpeg

Good morning sli-er_15,

Our system assigns a dealer to address your concerns on site. This is a complimentary tech visit.

-Liz

Good morning Liz,
I've been patiently waiting for a tech to contact me on setting a date for them to check on my equipment. So far, nothing. I tried to go through the antenna pointing in Installation/Setup and found that it was below the minimum (60?) in order for it to pass. I barely got it to go over 60 but couldn't get it any higher than 63 where it finally "passed". I'm guessing that the number drops below the minimum for some reason and that is why my connection drops or slows down considerably during the free download period. Is there any tips I can try to get the Cross POL Test number higher than 63? The signal strength is 76. Thank you.

Good morning,

Thank you for this update, let me escalate this to our field services team, this is surprising. I'd like to get this expedited for you.

-Liz

Hello sli-er_15,

Thank you for your patience while we discussed your case. Reconsidering the challenges reaching your location, engineering has suggested these steps you can try on your own to mitigate the TCP errors. 

-Disable Web Acceleration/TurboPage

-Limit internet usage to one device if possible

-Limit internet usage to minimal applications on that one device (for example, avoid having too many browser tabs open at once)

Speeds may not improve, but the TCP errors should stop.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz,

A tech from Fairbanks finally did contact me and said that it would be way too expensive for them to come out here. It would cost them something like $1000 roundtrip for a couple tickets. He did give me a few tips on what I should try with the antenna pointing so, I'll try that myself and hope I don't mess it up.
How do I disable Web acceleration/TurboPage on a HN7000S modem? 

Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Glad to hear the tech gave you some tips to try, I hope that helps. 

Looks like we're using different terminology, you already know how to disable/tear down TurboPage. Just do as you've done before and keep TurboPage off, essentially.

-Liz

I'm a little confused, Liz. I thought doing a TurboPage Teardown just re-connectes the modem to 1 of 10 servers. How does a teardown disable or keep the TurboPage off? 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sli-er_15 

Though it's been many years since I had the HN7000S, I think you're right in that the TurboPage Teardown only resets web acceleration rather than keeping it off on a prolonged or permanent basis.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Liz  In the past with the HN7000, one would be required to call in and request that Turbo Page be turned off or disabled.  There is no way to actually disable it in the HN7000 if memory serves correct, just a way to "reset" it.

Good morning folks,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm checking back in with the engineers on this. They just suggested disabling acceleration. I'll post back once I have clarification.

-Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Engineering has confirmed to me that they've just disabled acceleration for you so you should no longer those web acceleration errors.

-Liz

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately I couldn't test my connection speeds during the time FAP was disabled. The system light on my modem died right before the time FAP is disabled. We tried a few things before the tech from Fairbanks called a HughesNet tech to see what else we should try but, instead he was told that I should send the modem for a replacement. So, I am currently waiting for the new modem to arrive. I'll let you know how it will work out during the free download period when I receive it.

Good morning sli-er_15,

Oh the dealer is replacing your modem? Glad they're working with you. Hope it works well for you.

-Liz