Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Acceleration Status

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Web Acceleration Status

Hi Liz,

A tech from Fairbanks finally did contact me and said that it would be way too expensive for them to come out here. It would cost them something like $1000 roundtrip for a couple tickets. He did give me a few tips on what I should try with the antenna pointing so, I'll try that myself and hope I don't mess it up.
How do I disable Web acceleration/TurboPage on a HN7000S modem? 

Highlighted

Hi sli-er_15,

Glad to hear the tech gave you some tips to try, I hope that helps. 

Looks like we're using different terminology, you already know how to disable/tear down TurboPage. Just do as you've done before and keep TurboPage off, essentially.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

I'm a little confused, Liz. I thought doing a TurboPage Teardown just re-connectes the modem to 1 of 10 servers. How does a teardown disable or keep the TurboPage off? 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@sli-er_15 

Though it's been many years since I had the HN7000S, I think you're right in that the TurboPage Teardown only resets web acceleration rather than keeping it off on a prolonged or permanent basis.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Associate Professor

@Liz  In the past with the HN7000, one would be required to call in and request that Turbo Page be turned off or disabled.  There is no way to actually disable it in the HN7000 if memory serves correct, just a way to "reset" it.

Highlighted

Good morning folks,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm checking back in with the engineers on this. They just suggested disabling acceleration. I'll post back once I have clarification.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi sli-er_15,

Engineering has confirmed to me that they've just disabled acceleration for you so you should no longer those web acceleration errors.

-Liz

Sophomore

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately I couldn't test my connection speeds during the time FAP was disabled. The system light on my modem died right before the time FAP is disabled. We tried a few things before the tech from Fairbanks called a HughesNet tech to see what else we should try but, instead he was told that I should send the modem for a replacement. So, I am currently waiting for the new modem to arrive. I'll let you know how it will work out during the free download period when I receive it.

Highlighted

Good morning sli-er_15,

Oh the dealer is replacing your modem? Glad they're working with you. Hope it works well for you.

-Liz