cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Acceleration down

Web Acceleration down

Past several day that's what I'm getting. Slow downloads and can't get on several web pages because it times out. Finally got fed up with it and called Hughes was on phone for about a hour just for the lady to tell me that I wasn't having a problem. Here I a paying for a service that they are not giving me. Is anybody else been having the same problems? I have had the gen4 for a few years now. But I need to have Internet for my work and this isn't going to work. Any ideas of what I can do or another service that Icahn use in the county. No cable or dsl where I live... Any help would be a great help thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Tutor

Re: Web Acceleration down

Excede satellite service may be an option for you. I don't know much about it but I will be learning since my work also depends on a quick and reliable internet service. I don't have that now with Hughes.

will follow this post, seems a lot of people are having the same issues and it is definitely on there end. Boise City, Idaho to be exact .as far as other  providers, not sure where you are located but I have been reading around and seems other isp's are having similar issues rite now as well.
Honorary Alumnus

Joe,
Have you tried opening the modems SCC, go to the advanced pages and do a MBX Reset to reset the connection to the Web Acceleration Server ?

google around about exceed it's the same thing people are saying about hughesnet, I was looking into it but the 2 year contract all over agin made me think twice, yea I hear the late free zone is good but if your speed is slow your only gonna get a percent of that, I have 50 anytime with hughes and I still have 45 since my speeds have been way way below dialup and it resets in 1 day so kinda pointless to have data that is not useable.and rite now switching to another company might work temporary but I can promise ya it will be the same story and just might be worse under a contract so I decided to sit back and see what they do with it, if your job depends on it you can check around for wireless isp's such as Verizon hotspot, Att hotspots,ect however it is not cheap and Verizon is 4gig of data and cost about as much as hughesnet. I have considered dialup but if it depends on your job then that would not really be an option. I have also considered sitting in town all day using free wifi from mcdonalds , burger king,motels,ect just moveing around every few hours,matter fact if my job depended on it I would do whatever I could to feed my family. and it would be legal I assume since they say it is FREE WIFI . just don't forget to buy a drink from them or lunch or burger from burgerking and mcdonalds fries and drink lol
Tutor

I wish I had any other option but satellite. I had Vz through Millenicom some years back. 20 GB for a flat $60/month. That was great until Vz lost the CDMA 1900 band in my area. My service went from 2.9 Mbps to 1xRtt on CDMA 850.

Doing the public wifi isn't an option when you live 25 miles from town.

also just another suggestion if money allows it check around on t1 lines,  there are always options out there that aren't advertised or you don't hear about it, unfortunally I still haven't found mine as of yet. as far as exceed it is the same problems as hughesnet just have to decide if you want the same issues with a new contract.

Done that plus have done hard resets. Works for about half hour to hour than back to degrade service It's up and down works for a little while than goes back down
Alum

Joe,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. We want to look further into this issue, but we could not locate your account by name.

Could you please post one of the following -  a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem so that we may look into this?

- Warren

Hi, 

I just got a new service.It's still Hughes, but it is through Frontier, where I also have land line, so it's simpler, and costs less.  I know the drill with Hughes, so I know its limitations.  

That said, although I had no loss of service or any of the other totally frustrating weird problems seen here. Still the speed was getting gradually lower and lower.  I regularly had 200K to 500K. (or less, sometimes well less)  For months not up to 1MB.  Usually for webinars, and some video, you need 500K to not buffer.  I was buffering commonly on the few videos that I did. If I derated You Tubes to 240 or 144 (VERY fuzzy) they did not need to buffer. The buffering was only on ones I could not easily derate quality on, like a webinar or some similar stuff that I only occasionally wanted to do. 

Here's the point:  When the installer came out about 3 days ago, he said the most common problem they have up here on service calls for poor performance in the lots of freeze-thaw cycles and rain in North Idaho, WAS THE RADIO.  Mine looked bad on the receiver just from 2 years outside. The new one looked much different, with a better cap to protect it from the moisture that the installer said was the problem often.  
When I got the new radio, antenna set up and new modem, (Now HT1100 was HT 1000)  I was running at 15MB/sec.  Never ever had I seen it that good. It doesn't stay that high, but it is lots better.  

I saw the same thing with water caused problems back in the day when the US Army turned me  into a pretty good electronic tech on surface to air missiles.   That dang humidity and water has 24/7 to seep past the best seals the best engineers and the best bureaucrats extract out of the taxpayers. I saw plenty of it and the equipment was top notch and well maintained back in 1970 - Korea.  

Hope this helps.  I am surely glad I got a new radio. I suspected as much, though I never complained about the gradually decreasing speed.

-Larry in No. Idaho