Web Acceleration failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

Web Acceleration failing

Recently my HT2000W with current Software Version: 3.4.6.26 (M) has been going to failure on Web Acceleration showing yellow on System Status page link and showing the Down status and red X for Web Acceleration under System Status. This is with RSS of 80-90.

Under Diagnostics on the Advanced Configuration page it's been showing the red X virtually all the way across for DNS Acceleration (N) on both Hourly History and Current Hour History graphs.

I've been able to fix it momentarily by disabling/re enabling under Web Acceleration/Control. This would bring my System Status light back into the green for a little while but would go back to yellow and the red X very quickly. Resetting MBX seemed to have no effect.

I could only keep the Web Acceleration enabled for seconds early this morning so I bit the bullet and called in to Tech Support for a remote fix. After 40 minutes of going around in circles with phone rep, he finally sent some codes to the modem and helped the problem. I haven't seen yellow status and the red X for Web Acceleraration under System Status ever since but the Hourly and Current Hour graphs are still showing lots of red for the DNS Acceleration (N) item.

It works okay but the question is... does this type of problem indicate modem failure as a coming event? This modem has been in service for a few years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi GW,

Good news, we got an update before we go into the weekend! Engineering has applied changes in your area, so please monitor performance for any improvement.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35