Hughesnet Community

Web link to know what Gen 5 Beams have issues and being worked on?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macsociety
Advanced Tutor

Web link to know what Gen 5 Beams have issues and being worked on?

Curious if there is a place to visit to know if a beam has a current known issue so we all know if we experience oddities, it could be that there is a known issue being worked on.

Would be easier than we all posting daily we are having problems.  

Figure if we all can see if our beams are being worked on, we can halt from doing all the daily tests, kick back and chill, while things are being worked out.

Such a link exist?  

TJ

12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

There's nothing like that at this time, nor do I imagine that they will post info like that.  They might create a thread regarding a particular beam to give a heads up on what's happening with it, or even an overall message for those having issues, similar to what they did with the UPnP issue, but I highly doubt they will create a list of beams having issues. 

If they do say anything about any particular beam, it will most likely be pinned to the top of this section (Tech Support).   

Cool, thanks. I like the PINned to top comment.

I only been around 1 month or so.  Therefore was not sure if known issues get published someplace for all to see or pinned or...

So, in case someone knows... today... any known beams with issues?  55 still considered a beam they are working on?

Regards

TJ

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The only one I know of for sure is beam 68, and they are definitely working on that.  As for beam 55, the only mention of it I've seen was concerning someone being moved to beam 55 because they were having problems on the beam they were on (beams sometimes overlap a little), but those problems may very well have been due to being right on the edge of the beam they were on.  When they were moved to beam 55 their problem was rectified.  

OK, thank you.

I am guessing then the late day early evening slow-downs I still experience on 55 is just the way it is unless they say otherwise. 

Thats why I wondered if 55 was still having hiccups. 

Guessing then it is a peak evening issue that maybe is the norm, for now.

TJ

...and I should point out that 68 is showing signs of improving.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

...and I should point out that 68 is showing signs of improving.

and I also showed signs of 55 improving, in fact thought maybe they found the hiccup.  But then a day or two go by and evening speeds drop down to the lows reported in other threads.  So made me think maybe still some hiccups are happening and made me think to ask, was 55 fixed or still being worked on.  Just would be nice to know is all.  That way we know the speeds we now get is what we get <grin>  and as long as it is usable, then so be it.

Lately if I see a decrease in speed a modem unplug from power and restart made things better, but was not 100% and sometimes it did not.

But when things are working, it is working well and I am happy the direction things took.  Still think there may be issues but improvement happened so I am mostly happy.  😉

TJ

@macsociety wrote:

Lately if I see a decrease in speed a modem unplug from power and restart made things better, but was not 100% and sometimes it did not.

I noticed that too. Ran into an issue last week where the last four digits in the IPGW were 0101. As long as the modem was associated to that particular IPGW I had problems establishing sftp connections. Rebooting the modem popped it into a different IPGW, which cleared it right up. What was also crazy, was that I was getting near 40Mbps speeds... in prime time... on beam 68. 😜

But, again, conditions are going to be different from one day to the next. Sometimes things align and everything works. Other days everyone's in for the night hacking away at videos... that's got to have an impact.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

No signs of improvement for me on 68 here in Maryland. Latest peak hours speed test results: 1.04 Mbps down and 10 kbps up. On the other hand, I'm getting 30-40 Mbps down and 2-3 Mbps up during off-peak hours. This behavior has been consistent since I got the service in September.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/pswired

@pswired

Just curious what your IPGW is... To check, go to http://192.168.0.1/ and click the "System Status" at the top. It will show as the line that looks like J2SDO068HNSIGWxxxx.

Also, when was the last time you rebooted the modem? Next time it acts up, try that and see if it changes the IPGW to something that works better.

I'm on J2SDO068HNSIGW0101. That has never changed through a reboot for me, though.

hmmm, yeah. Not sure what it is, but it always seems to have a problem when it says 0101. Might want to try a hard, plug-from-the-wall-wait-a-minute, type of reboot and see if reassociates you off that.