cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpages not loading

Highlighted
New Poster

Webpages not loading

Thanks for the add! I recently had Hughesnet installed (April 6th.) I like the speed, but we are having problems with webpages loading. Sometimes the won't load at all. There are some problems even when changing pages on a website. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have called them twice and they always focus on speed, which is great when it is working. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be, or is this just something we have to live with?

30 REPLIES 30
Associate Professor

Re: Webpages not loading

New Poster

If I wait long enough it say that the server isn't responding. We switched from a wireless service in our area and this never happened.

Hello mschroeder79,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We want to help address these concerns for you. Do all sites load slowly or just certain ones? If the latter, please list some that load slowly/yield an error message (please also note whether the URL starts with HTTPS or not.

Does this persist in multiple browsers?

Does this happen while on a machine directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Professor

@mschroeder79 wrote:

If I wait long enough it say that the server isn't responding. We switched from a wireless service in our area and this never happened.

I've had the same issues with Gen 5 and I'm relying on the community to help me troubleshoot. Be sure to follow the advice and tips given to you by the mods and experienced customers here.  They are very helpful! It's like having your own team of investigators. Smiley Very Happy

Senior

I've had the same problem specifically with lowes.com

The problem is definitely FireFox. When I use Microsoft Edge everything loads.

Hello mschroeder79, 

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Liz,

I will try and answer the questions below.

The issue is in serveral browsers. It is the worst on an Iphone and one the computers that is wired to the modem, it is a Windows computer.So, yes, it happens on a computer directly connected tht modem.

I also followed your direction in a post further down the original thread and that didn't work either.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

New Poster

Most of the webpages are https:

New Poster

This is becoming extremely frustrating. It took me several minutes just to load this page. The problem happens on all of our devices regardless of if they are wifi or connected directly!