Webpages not loading

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mschroeder79
New Poster

Webpages not loading

Thanks for the add! I recently had Hughesnet installed (April 6th.) I like the speed, but we are having problems with webpages loading. Sometimes the won't load at all. There are some problems even when changing pages on a website. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have called them twice and they always focus on speed, which is great when it is working. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be, or is this just something we have to live with?

30 REPLIES 30
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

If I wait long enough it say that the server isn't responding. We switched from a wireless service in our area and this never happened.

Hello mschroeder79,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We want to help address these concerns for you. Do all sites load slowly or just certain ones? If the latter, please list some that load slowly/yield an error message (please also note whether the URL starts with HTTPS or not.

Does this persist in multiple browsers?

Does this happen while on a machine directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

I will try and answer the questions below.

The issue is in serveral browsers. It is the worst on an Iphone and one the computers that is wired to the modem, it is a Windows computer.So, yes, it happens on a computer directly connected tht modem.

I also followed your direction in a post further down the original thread and that didn't work either.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Most of the webpages are https:

This is becoming extremely frustrating. It took me several minutes just to load this page. The problem happens on all of our devices regardless of if they are wifi or connected directly! 

Mschroeder79- Please see Liz's post on Tuesday on web site access and how to resolve it. We believe it will help.

pop back in and let us know either way

Katie,

I went and unchecked the UpnP box, if that is what you mean. It had no effect on the issue. My wife and I are not gamers and we basically just browse the internet. While I believe Hughes Net is faster than or old provider, this is a problem that happens almost constantly! Freguenlty the server will time out on us. While faster in download speeds, this issue make Hughes Net much slower in practice. If truth be told I would stop my service today and go with a different provider. 

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on this issue? I have tried everything that I can. I have called customer service and been on here. Customer service doesn't even address this issue, only speed.

There has been some talk that disabling IPv6 fixes the issue, among other things...  You might want to try that to see if it helps.  It would only be a temporary fix as some websites are now IPv6 ONLY, but not many.  Eventually you will have to re-enable IPv6.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

Download the file under "Disable IPv6" and run it.  That will disable IPv6 on your system, then reboot and let us know how things go.  If things don't improve any, please make sure to download and run the file that will re-enable IPv6.

Thanks,
C0RR

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

There has been some talk that disabling IPv6 fixes the issue, among other things...  You might want to try that to see if it helps.  It would only be a temporary fix as some websites are now IPv6 ONLY, but not many.  Eventually you will have to re-enable IPv6.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

Download the file under "Disable IPv6" and run it.  That will disable IPv6 on your system, then reboot and let us know how things go.  If things don't improve any, please make sure to download and run the file that will re-enable IPv6.

Thanks,
C0RR

Kinda appears Gen5 IPv6 domain name server(s) is having issues at present. No?

A couple questions before I download the file(s). We run both Windows and Mac on our wifi.

Will this make a difference on the Mac's? 

Is this download needed on each device, or does it make the change on the network?

Thanks.

The instruction page given is only for Microsoft Windows, so it wont work on a Mac, though you may be able to find help on the Apple community in regards to disabling and trying to browse the internet with out IPv6 enabled on your device.

Thanks for the assistance on this issue. However, this is a hughesnet problem, not a windows or mac issue. I only recently joined hughesnet and this is a new problem since joining. As i said before, I am completely unhappy with this service and HughesNet will not or does not address this issue. 

Good morning mschroeder79,

We noticed your modem was last rebooted May 5, can you please reboot your modem using these steps to ensure the new UPnP setting is applied?:

Click on Reboot

WiFi05-reboota.png

Click on Reboot

WiFi05-rebootb.png

If the issue persists after the modem reboot, please check this solution provided here.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I have done a reboot, and followed the directions  on my windows based computers. The Apple devices were not addressed and I wasn't able to make any changes. None of these has helped. 

Good morning mschroeder79,

Thank you for reporting back, I'll let the engineers know the issue still persists for you. It's possible there's is something else we have yet to determine that's causing this, so we'll have to continue troubleshooting. I ran new diagnostics on your site and I'm now seeing a possible issue with radio communications. Can you please ensure that the coaxial cable is tightly secured to the HughesNet modem? Once the cable is secured, please let me know so I can run new diagnostics. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

I've had slow web page loading for several years. I just assumed it was HughesNet's fault. Tried several times to get answers from phone tech support to no avail. Just recently upgraded to GEN5 and the problem became in sufferable. To make a long story short, it looks like the problem was in the WiFi settings on my MacBook Pro. Several years ago I had occasion to use another Internet Service Provider for a short time. The DNS Servers were selected for that ISP and were never changed back to those perferred by Hughes. I removed the old ones and, presto chango, the Hughes ones were automatically installed. So far, it looks like my problems have been resolved. I am NOT a computer expert. Far from it. I just stumbled into the solution.

Tom

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@mschroeder79 wrote:

If I wait long enough it say that the server isn't responding. We switched from a wireless service in our area and this never happened.

I've had the same issues with Gen 5 and I'm relying on the community to help me troubleshoot. Be sure to follow the advice and tips given to you by the mods and experienced customers here.  They are very helpful! It's like having your own team of investigators. Smiley Very Happy