cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpages not loading

Admin

Re: Webpages not loading

Mschroeder79- Please see Liz's post on Tuesday on web site access and how to resolve it. We believe it will help.

pop back in and let us know either way

New Poster

Katie,

I went and unchecked the UpnP box, if that is what you mean. It had no effect on the issue. My wife and I are not gamers and we basically just browse the internet. While I believe Hughes Net is faster than or old provider, this is a problem that happens almost constantly! Freguenlty the server will time out on us. While faster in download speeds, this issue make Hughes Net much slower in practice. If truth be told I would stop my service today and go with a different provider. 

New Poster

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on this issue? I have tried everything that I can. I have called customer service and been on here. Customer service doesn't even address this issue, only speed.

Associate Professor

There has been some talk that disabling IPv6 fixes the issue, among other things...  You might want to try that to see if it helps.  It would only be a temporary fix as some websites are now IPv6 ONLY, but not many.  Eventually you will have to re-enable IPv6.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

Download the file under "Disable IPv6" and run it.  That will disable IPv6 on your system, then reboot and let us know how things go.  If things don't improve any, please make sure to download and run the file that will re-enable IPv6.

Thanks,
C0RR

Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

There has been some talk that disabling IPv6 fixes the issue, among other things...  You might want to try that to see if it helps.  It would only be a temporary fix as some websites are now IPv6 ONLY, but not many.  Eventually you will have to re-enable IPv6.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

Download the file under "Disable IPv6" and run it.  That will disable IPv6 on your system, then reboot and let us know how things go.  If things don't improve any, please make sure to download and run the file that will re-enable IPv6.

Thanks,
C0RR

Kinda appears Gen5 IPv6 domain name server(s) is having issues at present. No?

Associate Professor
New Poster

A couple questions before I download the file(s). We run both Windows and Mac on our wifi.

Will this make a difference on the Mac's? 

Is this download needed on each device, or does it make the change on the network?

Thanks.

Associate Professor

The instruction page given is only for Microsoft Windows, so it wont work on a Mac, though you may be able to find help on the Apple community in regards to disabling and trying to browse the internet with out IPv6 enabled on your device.

New Poster

Thanks for the assistance on this issue. However, this is a hughesnet problem, not a windows or mac issue. I only recently joined hughesnet and this is a new problem since joining. As i said before, I am completely unhappy with this service and HughesNet will not or does not address this issue. 

Tags (1)

Good morning mschroeder79,

We noticed your modem was last rebooted May 5, can you please reboot your modem using these steps to ensure the new UPnP setting is applied?:

Click on Reboot

WiFi05-reboota.png

Click on Reboot

WiFi05-rebootb.png

If the issue persists after the modem reboot, please check this solution provided here.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->