Website Trouble

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky
Tutor

Website Trouble

I am having trouble getting to a website. www.howardforums.com . Can anyone else get there? I get an error 522 error message with various browsers like... Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave, and Comodo Ice Dragon. Can someone try to get there and post back if you can successfully get there? If so please post some ideas of what I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks, Ricky
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to access the site from my laptop on our corporate network (but it loaded unusually slow). Then I got a 522 error when I tried accessing the site from my mobile network.

I checked out their forum feedback board and an admin, "frail", confirmed they're currently getting hammered by a bot, which is why the site's been up and down recently. They're working on it; so I hope that clears things up!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MarkJFine
Professor

Clear your DNS.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Did that, didn't work for me. Still, no go for me to get to that website.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I tried with Firefox, no luck.

Liz

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to access the site from my laptop on our corporate network (but it loaded unusually slow). Then I got a 522 error when I tried accessing the site from my mobile network.

I checked out their forum feedback board and an admin, "frail", confirmed they're currently getting hammered by a bot, which is why the site's been up and down recently. They're working on it; so I hope that clears things up!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

The bot is likely China. Thry're relentlessly scanning IP ranges with vulnerability probes - about a 1000 of them - about as fast as the overall networks will allow. I usually see the hits in the access logs for a good 5 minutes.

Incidentally, they may also be responsible for the 1-minute gaps in service from the CenturyLink backbone, just to give you an idea of how prolifc they are.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I can get to it, but I'm not currently on the HN network. 

EDIT (2/21/20):  This morning I get a 522 error.

@Ricky wrote:
I am having trouble getting to a website. www.howardforums.com . Can anyone else get there? I get an error 522 error message with various browsers like... Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave, and Comodo Ice Dragon. Can someone try to get there and post back if you can successfully get there? If so please post some ideas of what I can try to resolve this issue. Thanks, Ricky

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

A little late to the game, but it's still not working as of 8:56PM EST.  I also checked isitdownrightnow, and it's showing that it definitely is down.

Thanks folks. Happy to hear it is just not my system messing up. Thank you to each of you who replied.