cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, the folks took the plunge. Being installed on Wednesday.

Re: Well, the folks took the plunge. Being installed on Wednesday.

wow.....Nasty group here today....now i remember why I do not come here.
Honorary Alumnus

Another one who fails to follow through on help offered:  https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hate-hughesnet

Gwalk, said she seldom comes here so doubt your reply will be read anytime soon.

Very true but Beverly's post does prove that you can cry and wish all you want but it isn't going to magically turn a satellite connection into a cable connection.

A satellite system does not, can not, will not compete with ground based systems. Rather large positive strides are occurring with some Gen4 users getting speeds in the 25-30 Mbps range.

Satellite is still going to be hampered of course with high latency. The speed of light is not just a suggestion, its the LAW. Something I'm sure B.Altemier can appreciate being involved in fire ploice .

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hate-hughesnet

Hey GabeU!!!
congrats on getting your parents on the band wagon! with you behind them, they are going to learn about data usage etc from the get go!   I truly think that is something super important to explain to new customers... watching your data and understanding how it relates to you and your system...!

CONGRATULATIONS to your parents !!!
Distinguished Professor IV

Hi Gabeu.....just wondering if they told you that after you use you monthly data that you will have VERYslow speed but no overage cost and I personally use my data in 2 yes 2 days.  
I'm already well aware of Smart Browsing, but have never had to use it as I've never come anywhere close to running out of Anytime Data, much less Bonus Bytes.  My folks won't come anywhere close to it, either.  I know you said your post didn't need an answer, but I figured I would anyway. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Lab-Lover,

I'm definitely getting them into the habit of checking their data at least a couple of times a day.  For right now the data isn't all that important, as they are going to be having the daily resets for another two and a half weeks, but at least it gets them in the habit of being cognizant of it for when it really counts.

What they do won't really use much data, but I just want to make sure nothing on their computer is going to be erroneously chewing through it.  I've checked everything I can think of, but as we all know there can be things on a computer that start raising their ugly heads and using that data when you least expect it.  Right now they are directly connected, but with a router soon coming in to the picture it will be even more important to watch it.  Even with the router, though, the only thing they will have connected is the same laptop they have directly connected now. 

They're loving it so far.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I just had my stepfather do a speed test and this is what he got...

I had to walk him through it over the phone, but it's not too shabby.  Not too shabby, at all.   

Assistant Professor

I think you need to have his system checked. Smiley Tongue
Seriously, that is good though. Seems 20+ is the norm for many these days during off peak hours.