Hughesnet Community

Well, the folks took the plunge. Being installed on Wednesday.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Well, the folks took the plunge. Being installed on Wednesday.

I did most of the talking with the sales rep, but everything went well.  The rep mentioned everything they should have.  He explained that the service is divided between Anytime Data and Bonus Bytes.  He explained that Hughesnet does not work well with many online games.  He also explained that, if streaming, it's best to do it in SD or LD as HD will use a lot of data.  He explained the ETF, in full terms, and the site on which to find all of the legal info.  All of the things he was supposed to. 

I talked with them for the most part to keep my folks from being talked into things they don't need, like the express repair service.  I also knew what plan they needed from the get go. 

They'll either have to install the dish on a pole and bury the wire or install it on the roof of the garage, near the DirecTV dish.  The latter is preferable, but we'll see.  My folks have a lot of trees in front of their place, right in the way of the southern sky, so it will be tricky, but there are places it can be done, and the roof of the garage would give them a better view than what I have in my back yard, which is surrounded with trees, all at the southern end.  This is where I have mine installed.  If my trees were low enough for me, their tree heights should be fine for them.  I am going to make sure that I am at the folks' house during the install to ensure everything is in order.  Hopefully they get the same installers I had.

Again, though, the phone sales rep was very polite and disclosed all of the things he was supposed to.

With that said, it really would be a good idea if they could disclose the initial twenty days of resets.  It would take less than half a minute and would surely be helpful.  I know Hughesnet is always looking for ways in which they can improve the customer experience.  This is definitely one of them.  

Anyway, I just figured I would give my experience of signing up, even though it wasn't for me. 

16 REPLIES 16