cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a RIP OFF!! Please don't get dragged in!!

Re: What a RIP OFF!! Please don't get dragged in!!

Thank you. I will provide when I get home to get that information.
Assistant Professor

Assistant Professor

Yea, I just threw that one out there to say there are cord free options also.
Assistant Professor

At the risk of being very annoying, with the Ultra plan and using low definition it isn't really a problem for us plus we don't stream excessively anyway. Ends up being a fairly small percentage of our allowance. 

Edit: From Beverly's post it appears she is on Ultra plan, really shouldn't be a problem for her either unless she's streaming a whole lot. If only streaming and not much else data intensive, then at 300 MB per hour that is over 150 hours of viewing per month.

And this would be watching in standard, correct? For the 300MB per hour? And I do have Roku. I was just wondering how to connect my phone plan mobile hot spot to my TV for Netflix so I can use that data when my allowence from here runs out...

Where would I find the serial number

I'm willing to try anything to help with useage. Ha ha. I'm just not technologically savvy.
Distinguished Professor IV

Beverly Elizabeth Johnson,

The serial number is on a sticker on the bottom of your modem.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

*UPDATE* I took the advice here and hooked up my mobile hot spot on my phone to my Roku to watch Netflix. I also decreased my viewing from Ultra HD to standard viewing. I've been watching Netflix using my Mobile Hot spot for a large portion of the day and did not even break 1GB of data used. I also disconnected my modem/router for the Hughes Net Service to make sure there was no interference between connections. Now, the experiment begins... I had a little over 1GB left in my Hughes Net allowence so I decided to see how long that would last doing the same exact thing I did with my mobile hot spot. WELL, I didn't get far at all!! I disconnected my phone, I completely shut off my phone so the connection's wouldn't interfere, etc. I only got halfway through the same exact movie I watched earlier in the day with my hotspot on. My Hughes net 1GB wiped out in less than an hour. While I didn't even use 1GB with my being connected for hours upon hours (8hrs total), with my Mobile Hot Spot.... HMMMMMM... HOW does that happen?!?! Both times I watched in the same standard resolution but Hughes Net drains my remaining 1GB and my T-Mobile hotpot 1GB is still going strong...
Highlighted

Will provide in the morning while I'm home to retrieve. I would love answers to many things here....