cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a RIP OFF!! Please don't get dragged in!!

Re: What a RIP OFF!! Please don't get dragged in!!

And nothing else was connected during these times. Only my Roku/Netflix in my livingroom.
Assistant Professor

I don't have Roku but with Netflix you must change the streaming definition in your account settings. It can take 8 hours before it takes effect.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

I stream an hour of Netflix at 300 MB and even lower sometimes. Watching new season of Peaky Blinders and it looks fine on 55 inch TV using HDMI from computer to TV.

Mobile hot spot uses lower definition by default. Streaming on your computer or TV does not use low definition by default. Must set it at streaming end. Youtube also has settings for lower definition streaming.

Mobile Hot Spot and Hughes Net Service were both used the same exact way with viewing in standard form. My viewing preference was already switched to standard when you recommend previously. I just checked again and it is still in fact in standard viewing.

I purposely did this to test the difference between my mobile hot spot & my Hughes Net Service.... T-Mobile hotspot for the win by a long shot! Viewing definition was the same through each source tested. Hughes net 1GB was gone in not even an hour while watching standard definition netflix. My T-Mobile hotspot 1GB hasn't even hit yet and I've watched at least 7hrs more on that in the same standard definition.
Highlighted

Everything is set at standard, low definition for viewing.

Everything is set at standard, low definition for viewing.
Assistant Professor

I honestly don't know then. Have Netflix set to low definition and use about 300 MB per hour for streaming. Then again, I'm not paying for HD account either, signed up for lower definition, HD is grayed out in my account settings.

Again, does take up to 8 hours once you change the setting to take effect.

This is the same exact as my account, as you have shown in picture. I switched it days back when you recommended.
Assistant Professor

I honestly don't know what is going on in your case. I can stream and hour of Netflix in low definition on a 55 inch TV that uses about 300 MB.

Kinda going to tap out, have no clue why you're using so much data.

I'm only using that much on the Hughes Net service... That's why I'm confused. T-Mobile hotspot seems to be on target. . I have a 40" in low definition.... Thank you for your help thus far. The Netflix definition viewing really helped me out!! Now to figure this one out...