cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can be done to speed up this service?

What can be done to speed up this service?

What can be done to speed up this service? We're constantly getting kicked off. I just up graded hoping this will speed things up, and if not, I'll try to find a better service in the area.
9 REPLIES 9
Assistant Professor

Re: What can be done to speed up this service?

Can you explain "getting kicked off"? Do you mean going over your data allowance and being throttled?
Junior

Hi shebet,
There are a plethora of reasons why you might be experiencing slow service. Some of the time it can be HN's fault but the majority of reasons lie with the user, their equipment and setup.
The people on this forum CAN and WILL help you.
To help you, we need information.
HN can look into your service from their end but even they require info. (the serial number on your modem for example)
Pointedly, the question of what can be done to speed up this service is not enough to provide the help that you need.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Don  Smiley Happy

What I mean by that is, having to log back in.
Assistant Professor

Log back into what? There is nothing on HughesNet side that requires logging in to use the internet or has an impact on speed.
Junior

shebet,
What computer?
What OS?
What browser?
What anti-virus?
How may devices?
Router or not?
Ethernet or wireless?
What modem?
Like sgoshe asked, "Log back into what"?
If you don't tell us, we can't tell what you have and have no way to help you.

Well Don, I've had the svc since May 2015, and all the equipment was new. Compared to other services I have had in the pass, Hughesnet internet is slower than slow, and has been that way since I've had the service. I also know there are plenty of other reasons, but Hughesnet set up and installed everything, so I trust that they know what their doing. Anyway, thanks for your quick reply!
Junior

shebet, HN's responsibility ends at their modem. From there, cables, router, computer, etc. are your responsibility.
Have you checked your status meter? 192.168.0.1
Are both blocks on the top green?
Satellite internet can not be compared to land based internet that you might have had in the past.
Have you ran any speed tests? What speed are you actually getting?

Good morning shebet,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can try to address your concerns, but we will need more details. As sgoshe asked, what are you being prompted to log into? To use the HughesNet service, there is no need to log into anything. 

To be sure your HughesNet equipment isn't cause for concern, I ran remote diagnostics on your site and found everything to be OK. 

If you give us additional details, perhaps we can help you out.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi shebet,

It's been over a week since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->