cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gives Hughesnet the right?

What gives Hughesnet the right?

What gives Hughesnet the right to dictate the distribution of the data I paid for? Putting half of my data into the "bonus" hours is total BS. I don't "download" per say because all my internet usage is interfacing, but just getting online is considered downloading by this theiving company. I use my internet - pinterest, facebook, netflix, etc. I have to get up in the wee hours of the morning to benefit from the data I paid for. That's no "bonus."
21 REPLIES 21

Re: What gives Hughesnet the right?

Good morning Cheryl,

Thanks for posting, we want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom/back of your modem so we can pull up your account. 

As for why our service plans are structured the way they are please read this explanation from our senior VP of sales and marketing, Mike Cook:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/gen_4_service_plan?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D...

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
WJA

I tried to go to the link

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/gen_4_service_plan?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D...

and got told I do not have access to the material. what?????????

What is so secretive about this so-called info that you have to have an administrators permission to view it?

Wow, Are you freaking kidding me.... Liz Amanda I do understand how cleaning the board can be beneficial but losing this particular post is absurd.... Do you know how many data saving tips were tossed into that thread??? I do because I threw most of them in there!!!  That thread was MOSTLY helpfull and it showed intense frustration of all Hughes customers on the way the data plans are structered... Not top mention Mr. Cooks Fabulous response (sarcasm off) that has been refered to SOOOO many times that I lost count!!!    I guess Hughes no longer takes the stance Mr. Cook pertrayed???

Didn't one of you here awhile back promise to use your BEST judgement when cleaning post that have derailed.... Sorry guys I think i'm done with this forum, we try try try to help an then you go and do something soo inconciderate.. Makes me wonder just exactly how many of those helpful topics have already gone an how many more will go, and you wonder why I'm still sooo ticked off about the changelog being gone and never coming back!! At least when it was here I could have disputed  in private!!!

Hi WJA, I'm speechless I really have no inkling of why the moderators would have chosen to remove that post from public view!! Usually if you get an error like that it means A. topics been DELETED as in NEVER coming back. Or B. ARCHIVED, which essentially means buried never to be seen by the public eye, but still available for mod review. Or C. made private for some unknown reason which also means unavailable to the majority of the public eye!!    

Mods tend to do this when topics become out of hand (didn't happen in this one). When a topoic contains sensitive data they do not wish to get out(Again didn't happen). Or if the case was WAY out dated an the advice given no longer applies (Again so far from the truth that I really just want to shake someone)  

For the mods whom are about to apologize out the wazzu, save it!!! This is one of the post where 80% of the comments were made by yours truly. Also one of the topics I had routinely viewed as a reminder of pointers I had forgotten and given to others.  SMH

Good morning Melissa,

Liz & myself have just tried digging through everything we can and cannot see herself or myself making this change. We would never hide (by way of archival) or make a thread private that contained this much information. Please keep in mind that the topic creator can make their thread private, which is sometimes what people opt to do to avoid thread-jacking and derailing.

Liz & I will only make a thread private if it is a legitimate post with a lot of detailed information, but also includes a customer's SAN or other identifiable info. We want to keep the post and not knock around someone who took their time to detail the situation by having them re-post it. Our best judgement is used, and you can see we have opted to close threads now, because we've become overwhelmed with new members hooking on to 2 or 3 year old threads.

I hope you accept our apology that this happened, whether one of us mistakenly did it or the OP did, but we would like to do the work of transferring all the useful material into an article. Since the thread is about 2 years old, our data allowances have changed and so perhaps as you say, we should get it out there what HughesNet's outlook for data is after 2 years. We also understand if you choose to discuss your concerns or chat with other customers at Rick's Yak Shack or other outlets - we don't want to hold you to our own little community.

Thank you,
Amanda

Amanda , is it possible , to proof read before posts are deleted as useful information are in some of these, posts , that the community has put time and effort in posting as to help others !!!!    I know it's a tall order but help is what this all about . and all ,  try and do help an not excluding you and  Liz for i think highly of this community, as a whole  , i know it would be time consuming in one way but in same sentence,it would cut back on some of these posts as  the answers would already for viewing by one and all ,  worth it for your customers, while Hughes-Net , in the community are at home !!!!   just saying  it's a thought worth chewing on and to put in front of the higher ups 1!!!!  and think one person would not break Hughes-Net in this action
Honorary Alumnus

Christopher,

Melissa is a little upset that a thread that contained so much info went "Poof".

I too viewed portions of that thread as an "asset".

Amanda is correct in stating that information contained in a thread can get stale or outdated if taken in the whole, it still had much relevancy if one of the "helpers" were to do a "Copy & Paste" of selected portions.

Time however as they say marches on.

Highlighted

Morning Gwalk900 , i understand Melisa's concern as there were information in it and a great article to refer to  but in saying proof read first and as you said time does not stop !!!and also know some was outdated , but proof reading and deleted what was outdated , was i was referring too !!  but in same words might have been an impossibility, anyway

Good Morning All!!

Christopher, I'm not sure if you ever got the chance to read that post but what i can tell you is Proofreading would have been VERY time consuming and the mods would have been in a pickle just sorting through. Were talking  roughly a 7 page topic that took vourse for over a month.  The WHOLE post was technically beneficial for too many reasons to count!! It started as a simple data drip with confusion on plan structure, for the record I didn't derail it KATIE (head Mod) did!! A bit of advice with a side step comment became an opportunity for the whole community to voice there concerns an give ideas on data structure!!  Yes the advice was gold but the thread placed precedence on how the plans were, what we wanted/expected and Hughes stance.I partially believe that topic supported by Soo many people had a BIG hand in shaping TODAYS plans!! If that thread were to still be viewable Mods could have used  it as a STARTING point to show really how FAR there plans and goals have come JMHO of course!!

Amanda, I do want to thank you for your well thought out reply, you do have a way of "Calming the Beast".... Just a couple clarifications here, I have since visited other topics created by myself and I do NOT see a way we as a customer can mark a topic as private AFTER the post was made!! This can only be done by a CUSTOMER when the intial post was made, which was not an option for the OP of the vacant post as the PRIVATE option has not been around that long....

Another thing I noticed (kinda irrelevent here) a post that was made private whether by OP or moderator is apparently not discoverable by profile of said OP even whilst they are signed in???? I mention this because as a trial an error I wanted to go  back to my previous billing post which was made private by you to see if maybe post made private could be reversed, but it's not listed in my profile. Like I said not really important here, just curious as to why it happens!!

As a final note I do understand accidents happen, to whom's at fault doesn't really matter it was the lost info that had me irked!! While a BIG part of me would rather the whole thread be restored and closed for clarity's sake, I would accept your solution of "transferring all the useful material into an article" as a compromise, if you still think that's the best route and I'm sure MANY, myself included would love to hear an updated version of Hughes outlook for data and maybe this time a little less sales and a lot more tech Smiley Happy    Now I think I'll go enjoy my day and I hope the rest of you do the same !!