cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What gives Hughesnet the right?

Re: What gives Hughesnet the right?

Hello Melissa!

Since we're new to this format on GetSatisfaction, I assumed that customers who have created topics also have the option to make it private after posting it. I will admit I am not fully versed on how the new community completely works and what options are and are not available to a user. We'll check internally and with GetSatisfaction to see user abilities. I'm concerned that you cannot access your private posts, because if this is the case, we have been working sometimes time-sensitive issues that are private because of the account/personal information in them.. So if someone cannot access a post after its been made private, that's a problem.

You are right, accidents do happen, but Liz and I broke our heads over this one wondering who of us did it and why. On that thread in particular, we would have simply closed it to avoid add-ons. There are more than just us 2 who have that ability and there is no trace of who made it private... Liz and I will work on sourcing all that information to put into an article, without Mike Cook's reply. I believe I can pinpoint someone who is willing to give an official yet solid response on the thought processes behind Bonus Bytes and data caps.

I do hope you have a wonderful day, the weekend is nearing Smiley Happy

Thank you,
Amanda
Highlighted

Amanda and Melisa, i thank you both in your replies and responses but in saying  as Gwalk900 was saying too , i realize it just might be an impossible job at that, anyway  , but never was aware of , not to mention a name , that did post and it had gone viral at that !!!   but in thinking after i posted , i knew that all that information going 50 directions towards the end was a bit much but ideas posted in certain categories would be nice , i realize we have them but they too go viral and off topic , idea of all this is that a categories made to place members only allowed to put information in, to the order of topic for others to read only but not post in that section   hope I'm saying this right !!! but as one says , time does march on , and at same time members or rather a champion , noted , here in the community  sees an obsolete  item have the right to delete what is outdated !!!! to keep it from going viral and right category or delete a post in the article that non related  and Amanda and Liz , i really hope there's no blood involved in busting heads,  no wish to lose our favorite REPs in here NOW !!!  thanks for all of you time and efforts in all of this , in how far you both go to satisfy others , AND KEEPING YOUR COOL IN DOING SO !!!!
Honorary Alumnus

Christopher,

Ya know, moderating this forum has to be a JOB ! but .....

Who can say what is "outdated"? by what "standard" ?

Case in point ... in the MAIN, the DW6000?HN7000s Ku  band systems are "outdated" but are still in use by customers that can't fit into a spotbeam Ka band system.

Couple that with the fact that VAR's are still commissioning Ku band systems, couple THAT with the fact the Hughes is still commissioning new Ku band install in places like Alaska.

Those people still need support and a source of knowledge even as to how the refill is accomplished on those systems.

They would be very lucky indeed to get truly accurate info from phone or chat support as those systems are "obsolete" but still in use.

I myself have pointed out details here on the forum a time or two where a Mod had been misinformed of a small but important detail .... important to the user at least.

The info in those old threads (as well as newer ones) has to be put in the proper context.

These days the subject of "refill" is pretty simple ... once per month. Refill on 9000 Legacy plans is "simple", once per day .... complicated by the concept of "roll-over" .... that causes some head scratching, but you just would not believe the difficulty is explaining the "hourly drip" for all hours except "free zone" and then toss in that some had roll-over and most did not.

That is the type of "info loss" we need to guard against.

The present Mods are aware, the next generation likely will not.

Gwalk900 ,  point well taken as in no one person can nor could know all , that i see , but in an other part , amongst the whole community , Hughes-Net their selves included , i see where your coming from now as thought once fazed out , but in fact it really not as in certain areas , that's not the case , totally , got it !!!!and i see the point. !!!!   course we know of new satellite, sooner or later brings more questions as to where that leads also !!!! lot to digest as where all this really is < complicated          Thank you in your time and explanation in all of this as it is an interesting subject , and really makes one think.   and again i gleaned some more information as well!!! as towards the past , now and future !!!!!  thanks and as i get all settled down  will try in the other matter but getting everything cleared and built as in a new home , i can relax and learn a lot more from all of you !!!   and this brought it to a higher level in wanting to learn even more !!!!THANKS !!!!!! 

Hi Amanda,   I won't as they say beat a dead horse, all is well that  ends well Smiley Happy Instead I'm gonna jump straight to            "I'm concerned that you cannot access your private posts, because if this is the case, we have been working sometimes time-sensitive issues that are private because of the account/personal information in them.. So if someone cannot access a post after its been made private, that's a problem."    

I double checked my profile while signed in again today the most recent post CREATED by me listed was "Happy Holidays" 4mo. probably Christmas or New Years. The Private post in question would have been closer to my billing date round about mid January. It does in the sidebar however show 11 Posts created and only 10 listed so I'm sure its still there..

I don't however have a handy direct link to try, one would assume it would be accessible that way if signed in to that account. I know in the midst of that case it was listed on the front page as a current topic just only accessible/viewable to me, I never thought to check my profile an what not then. Honestly I never gave it a second thought till now I agree it's definetely something that should be looked into..

As a final note I shall keep an eyeout for the composed article and I'm looking forward to the Mystery Canidates' enlightening reply Smiley Happy  Yes, the weekends quickly approaching., it shall be a busy one for me.. Hope you all have a Good One, Think I probably oughtta call it a night.....

Hi Melissa,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that I've sent you an e-mail regarding the data post. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Amanda

P.S. We replicated the private thread issue and will be making a ticket to see why they disappear.

Why can't we read His Explanation?

Hi Ron, They made the WHOLE thread private, although moderators seam to be stumped on why......   As you can see below I tried to get it reinstated however from what I gather from the email amanda sent is me I highly doubt that will happen at least not the COMPLETE thread the the reason being orters posts within..Not so much what was said but HOW it was said (however you wish to take that remark)..

Mr. Cooks response had very little to do with the removal in fact many assumed HughesNet stood behind Mr Cooks response all the way upto the removal(even though MANY of us customers did not) as the response was referred too numerous times by moderators!!   Amanda was nice enough to send me a copy of the entire thread,  mods probably wont like it but here in a bit I will repost Mr. Cooks' official reply soo that you and others may see

Not sure how this is gonna turn out have to upload as a pic so you might have to click it to get a better view ...

Your welcome Pia, but no need to really thank me, just trying to keep clarity within the community!!!

Why would they make a Public Forum Private? Does Hughes have the ability to control what we are able to view or reply to?