I can't find it any more in either my iPhone iOS Hughes app or when I log onto my Hughesnet My Account area.
I don't have the iOS app, but I'm still seeing it in the "Settings" section of the MyAccount site.
I'm also still seeing it in the "Video Settings" part of the HughesNet Usage Meter.
Perhaps power cycling the modem and refreshing the browser would cause it to reappear.
Video Settings often does not appear on my HughesNet Usage Meter. In the past when that has happened I would go to MyAccount like you suggest. However now when I do that Settings does not appear between Profile and Notifications.
I have restarted my computer, hit the reset button on the HughesNet modem and also unplugged the modem, no change. I am using Apple laptop.
First and foremost, please don't press the reset button on the HughesNet modem unless instructed to by a rep. It can actually cause more harm than good, and could cause a situation that would require a tech visit to fix, unfortunately.
With that said, I sometimes see that the Video Settings on my Usage Meter isn't there. I usually just close it and open it again and it's there, but it sounds like what's going on with you and others using Apple products might be different. Something's obviously not right. Maybe there is some kind coding issue that's occurred that is specific to Macs.
Hopefully the reps will be able to shed some light on what may be going on and get it sorted out so you guys can have the VDS back. It's a handy tool to have, but not if it isn't there.
There are a couple of known comms quirks with the Usage Meter. Sometimes the communication breaks down and just doesn't get the right initialization information:
1. One of them is inconsistently identifiying the modem and/or service being used and as a result the Video Settings menu disappears on startup.
2. Another one is displaying the incorrect start date in the cycle, which sometimes shows as a day earlier than normal. I've often theorized this could be overcompensating for the disparity in the larger system's use of Universal Time and local time, but I've seen this happen on occasion after 5am here on the East Coast, so...
Worthy to note that this is not unique to the Usage Meter. I often have to exit and delete the Application Support folder for MacUpdate as well.
Thank you everyone for bringing this to our attention! Last night we confirmed the issue and engineers let us know that it should be functional again by 8AM EST (about 45 minutes ago). We'll follow up shortly to confirm this, but if anyone can test it out themselves and let us know if it appears now, that would be helpful.