Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Video Data Saver On/Off/Snooze

Highlighted
Junior

Re: What happened to Video Data Saver On/Off/Snooze

Hi Amanda,

I was concerned when the Video Data Saver disappeared I would be only able to watch YouTube videos at low resolution. In the past when I forgot to disable Video Data Saver videos would buffer at anything higher than 240p or 360p. This morning I watched several videos 2 of with were longer than 15 minutes at 720p with no buffering, even though Video Data Saver was not disabled. Possibly it is the Video Data Saver feature itself that has disappeared?

Assistant Professor

It's back for me in both places. Had to restart the status meter for it to show there.

Assistant Professor

@Amanda

Just checked and all is back as it should be. Both with the Meter app and web site.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Awesome news everyone! I will alert the hard working folks in engineering.  

@rustythecur - I'd have to get that confirmed by engineering if it was possible. The root cause of this whole issue was a route to our network being cut off which resulted in connectivity to some specific servers being unreachable for both customer and agent tools to not load. 

~Amanda

@Amanda

Still does not work for me.

I am on Ubuntu Linux and tried Chrome and Firefox browsers.  Neither shows the "Settings" menu item under My Account after logging in.  Therefore I can't try the deleting apple items fix posted by others since I am on Loonix.  ;-)

Also my Hughesnet iOS app still has no video data saver option as it once did.

Therefore I have no way to toggle video data saver on or off.

Regards

TJ

@macsociety wrote:

@Amanda

Still does not work for me.

I am on Ubuntu Linux and tried Chrome and Firefox browsers.  Neither shows the "Settings" menu item under My Account after logging in.  Therefore I can't try the deleting apple items fix posted by others since I am on Loonix.  ;-)

Also my Hughesnet iOS app still has no video data saver option as it once did.

Therefore I have no way to toggle video data saver on or off.

Regards

TJ

I also power cycled my modem too just in case.

Emptied browser history and cache.

What else can I try?

TJ

Hi TJ,

When simulating your account I am able to see the settings page. What happens when you go directly to the settings page? http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount?_mpsource=Header&_udreq=1&tab=Settings

Also, have you tried incognito mode? 

-Amanda

@Amanda wrote:

Hi TJ,

When simulating your account I am able to see the settings page. What happens when you go directly to the settings page? http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount?_mpsource=Header&_udreq=1&tab=Settings

Also, have you tried incognito mode? 

-Amanda

So I can see them today, even on my iPhone.

So something between my post above and this AM happened and I can see on web browsers and even in my iOS app that did not show it yesterday.

I will run with it.

TJ

Neat! Thanks for the update. I'll keep the thread open for a couple of days longer just in case something pops back up. 

~Amanda