cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Video Data Saver On/Off/Snooze

Assistant Professor

Re: What happened to Video Data Saver On/Off/Snooze

@Amanda

It was missing for me early this morning (it's a run day so 'early' means 3am 🤮).

Went thru the drill of quitting it, deleting the support folder, and restarting. Everything was as it should be after that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thanks all

I've just jumped on a call with engineering to get more info, I'll post the current status shortly.

@debbie.jean.bro - Video Data Saver is a feature available to HughesNet customers to help conserve data when watching videos online.

These articles should be better at explaining than I can: 

What is Video Data Saver?

Progressive and Adaptive Streaming

Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

@Amanda

It was missing for me early this morning (it's a run day so 'early' means 3am 🤮).

Went thru the drill of quitting it, deleting the support folder, and restarting. Everything was as it should be after that.

Still not there for me after the deleting drill. And doesn't explain it missing from the my.hughesnet.com page.

Not that I really use it much anyway, I always try to reduce the streaming definition at the source.

Hello

Just got off the line. We've reproduced the errors and lack of VDS toggle. Engineering is diving back in to troubleshoot the issue and get it fixed. Thanks to all for getting me quick information to get this to the right people.

Amanda

Hi everyone! Just got word this ought to be fixed now. Can those who were still having the issue give it a go now?

~Amanda

Assistant Professor

Lol. People who weren't now are...

checking.jpeg

I went and tried the delete trick and now have no menu item at all.

Edit: And now the History is gone as well.

history.jpeg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Just kidding Smiley Happy I'll go  find some (more) answers.

Assistant Professor

lol...

Sounds like someone set a global permissions thing somewhere, because all of the data in My Account on the web site gives an "Oops! We ran into an issue retrieving this information. Please try again." message as well.

Goes for Account Info, Billing Detail, everything on My Bill, ... virtually everything under My Account.

Understood. Thanks Mark! 

Distinguished Professor I

Still works for me and I can also see the data under My Account.