What happened to Video Data Saver On/Off/Snooze

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macsociety
Advanced Tutor

What happened to Video Data Saver On/Off/Snooze

I can't find it any more in either my iPhone iOS Hughes app or when I log onto my Hughesnet My Account area.

TJ

28 REPLIES 28
Amanda

Just kidding 🙂 I'll go  find some (more) answers.

lol...

Sounds like someone set a global permissions thing somewhere, because all of the data in My Account on the web site gives an "Oops! We ran into an issue retrieving this information. Please try again." message as well.

Goes for Account Info, Billing Detail, everything on My Bill, ... virtually everything under My Account.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Understood. Thanks Mark! 

Hi Amanda,

I was concerned when the Video Data Saver disappeared I would be only able to watch YouTube videos at low resolution. In the past when I forgot to disable Video Data Saver videos would buffer at anything higher than 240p or 360p. This morning I watched several videos 2 of with were longer than 15 minutes at 720p with no buffering, even though Video Data Saver was not disabled. Possibly it is the Video Data Saver feature itself that has disappeared?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It's back for me in both places. Had to restart the status meter for it to show there.

@Amanda

Just checked and all is back as it should be. Both with the Meter app and web site.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Still works for me and I can also see the data under My Account.  

Amanda

Winner winner chicken dinner! Awesome news everyone! I will alert the hard working folks in engineering.  

@rustythecur - I'd have to get that confirmed by engineering if it was possible. The root cause of this whole issue was a route to our network being cut off which resulted in connectivity to some specific servers being unreachable for both customer and agent tools to not load. 

~Amanda