What happened to my 11 MB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sli-er_15
Sophomore

What happened to my 11 MB?

I just started noticing 11 MB of my allotted daily download allowance has not been listed for about a week now. What happened to it?

Ughh Cannot upload any screenshots to show what I mean.

In the Restore Tokens page it shows my download allowance as 475MB but in my HughesNet Control Center Download Status pagein  http://192.168.0.1, it shows 464 allowance.

Using a HN700S modem.

18 REPLIES 18
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

So on the SCC's Download Allowance Status page it says your Plan Allowance is 464MB?  Not your Allowance Remaining, but your actual Plan Allowance?  

It's been a couple of years since I've used an HN7000S, so I'm going by a PDF of the HN7000S pages (the screens and names of the pages might have changed since this PDF was released).

Yes, it shows 464MB total allowance when it used to be 475MB. It's not the remaining balance.

Couldn't upload screenshots again. Keep getting errors. Hope the link to imgur works.

http://imgur.com/a/UhGTZ

GabeU

@sli-er_15

Yep, the link worked.  That's just plain weird.  I had an HN7000S for about eight years and never saw anything that goofy.  Hopefully, someone more familiar with that system will have some ideas, but I have a feeling that one of the reps will most likely have to figure this out.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so the earliest you'll see a reply from one is Monday.    

The only thing I can think to try is rebooting the modem, which is unplugging it for 30 seconds or so and plugging it back in.  Make sure you do so at the actual plug, though, not at the back of the modem.  I don't know that doing so will have any affect on it, though.    

I wish I could think of more to try, but again, this may be something they have to reset on their end.  Good luck.  

Edit:  I don't know why I didn't notice this until the second look, but if those two pictures were taken around the same time, what's even stranger than the 11MB allowance missing is that it says, on the Token page, that your allowance is exceeded, while you clearly have data.  Just plain weird.  This is, of course, unless you used a token to reset your allowance in between the two snapshots.  

I took a screenshot before I used a token to show the amount of download allowance I used to have and then took the next one after the allowance reset using a token.

Edit: I forgot about the times when the reps are on here. Thanks!

GabeU

That's what I figured was the case, or at least hoped.  😛

And you're very welcome.  Hopefully it's something they can quickly and easily fix.  

Have a nice weekend.  🙂

Good morning sli-er_15,

Thank you for posting and providing screenshots, these help a lot. We already have a ticket open with our engineers regarding this concern. I will have your info and screenshots added to the case. We'll post back once we have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz,

Nearly a week and nothing yet. How long does it usually take? I know they must be pretty busy but I was just wondering.

Also, my daily data ran out yesterday and instead of buying more tokens I waited until it reset. I watched the minutes count down to zero and saw that my data was reset but instead of the full amount, still 464 MB, it started at 459 MB. Odd.

http://imgur.com/a/HgKde

GabeU

@sli-er_15

They're slowly whittling away at your data.  You're not supposed to notice!  😛  J/K

That's just kidding, of course, but that is REALLY strange.  I'm very curious to know what's going on.  I've seen odd things happen before, but nothing like this.  I'm also wondering if it's happening to others, as well.  I don't know exactly what controls the data resets, as in if it's done inside the modem or at the source, so what could be doing it still makes me scratch my head.  

Whatever the case, I hope that it's fixed soon for you.  Unfortunately, though, the reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so you most likely won't hear anything until at least Monday.  Hopefully Liz will be able to ping the Engineers and get some type of answer for you.  

Yep, they are whittling away at my data. It went down to 436MB this time after our data ran out again, then reset after 24 hours. 

http://imgur.com/a/lkAyQ

Good morning,

We're still in discussions with engineering regarding this. Once we have any news we can share I'll post back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Another week has gone by with my daily download allowance still at 464MB. I haven't used all of my daily allowance since the last time to see if using a token will lower the amount of MB renewed to my account.

Hi sli-er_15,

We've requested an update from the engineers on this escalation. Once we hear back I'll post back.

Bump.

4 weeks from my original post and still no change... 

Hi sli-er_15,

Thank you for posting back. Our engineers do see this discrepancy as well--no update on why this is. I'll ping them for an update on their investigation.

A month later and I finally got all my daily usage data back. I could use a token for the time I didn't have the full data (wink). Thanks!

Hi sli-er_15

Of course we would be happy to make up for the trouble if we haven't already. I see the read out still isn't perfect, showing 476MB instead of 475MB. This tells me that there may still be some changes coming through for this bug. I've refreshed the ticket with our engineering group so we can get an idea of what is going on behind the scenes.

Thanks

Amanda

Hi sli-er_15

Just a quick update - I've added a free token package to your account which you should receive an order receipt for at pk*****@gmail.com. Yesterday I checked in on your particular issue and the engineer on your case let me know his team is still on it. Liz or myself will provide you any updates we receive.

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks for the update, Amanda. I didn't recognize the email address so I checked my account and found that it was wrong. Updated my email address. Thanks again!