Freshman

What happened tonight to the download period

fap 1.pngfap 2.pngfap 3.png

27 REPLIES 27
tpp
Freshman

download period is 11-4am.......... but seemingly not tonight

note the 3 screenshops..watching netflix between 11 and 12 and video stops

wow.....it fapped me, but how is that possible after 11pm.....screenshots 1 and 2 show time look ar fap Xs in 5 minute period

now look at 3rd photo after 4am and still on download.......now i am fapped and unhappy trying to complete this before now 5am......4:26 am download period still going ???????????

so this time was not my issue and i already have a ridiculous $80 month bill for a dinosaur system buying 3 tokens a month

please explain what is going on.... thank you

tpp
Freshman

I was correct the last 2 nights I was stupidly watching netflix and poof it stops, no clue why thought it was the usual connection stuff.

here is again tonight below

after another useless chat with hughes, I do not even get why they have that chat those people cannot help you to do anything..... i was told they recommend i watch my download, do we even speak the same language to tell me that lol, my God

So nobody knows at hughes what is going on...amazing but ok

so today had to spend more money and i am again by hughes told its my issue....they never stop blaming the customer

fap 4.png

So no answers from Hughes Reps........ 

Hi tpp, 

Thanks for posting, we can certainly look into this for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning tpp,

Thank you for your patience while your case was investigated. I see there was an alert last Saturday for your transponder; this incident may have caused that abnormal activity. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I've sent you some free tokens for the trouble. If you are still seeing unusual behavior, please provide current screenshots so I can send up to engineering.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz, 

thank you 🙂

But still is the Same situation today...it is 11:18 and not yet on download period.. do they have me now listed as being in Alaska.....its the only thing that makes sense.... oddly on my server reports I show at times as being in Chignik, Alaska ........I know where that is too and I am nowhere near it, I wish, its beautiful there :).

I think there is another issue oddly since this took place...... no signal

For the 1st time ever I am experiencing a no signal I think its code 6, just since last weekend, never before.

my service goes in and out, just stops, a new one never did that before... I have redone connections and actually raised signal by 6 points.... but something else is not right with receive signal.... I am only guessing but could my modem be going out?? I am also getting lots of tx-2 codes about something with the NOC when I try the test connection. Had never seen that before either.

Usually I am able to sort it but now I am concerned something besides typical stuff is wrong...... can you test from there??

I am unable to troubleshoot, no phone service here period.

I get it back in, but I do not think it is anything I am doing, its just doing it on its own...... startup seems the biggest issue with it, or then it will just drop to 1 light on modem.

Thanks again Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for these details, I've sent this over to engineering for them to check, there's not much I can do on legacy sites. I'll let you know once I hear back.

Hi Tim,

Looks like there was an adjustment made this weekend for broadband remotes like yours. Most sites updated automatically after the adjustment and continued to function normally, but in some cases if the modem was powered down or somehow was not able to update, then what you're experiencing would happen.

I've e-mailed you instructions from engineering to follow to force update your modem and get things back to normal. If you have any questions about the process, please send me a private message.

Hello Reps, 

We had been working on another issue which I was afraid to do because it kept going in and out and yesterday it all stopped...

Modem not connecting thru wifi or ethernet...nothing...all lights light up then goes to power only light then just seems to be in a boot loop going on and off with all the lights like at startup but it is connecting to nothing.

I have checked everything it is the modem that has gone out....

I will send email to our other conversation, hopefully I can find you while I am in town its 25 miles to here....

Thank you Tim

Hi Tim

Just send me a PM re: your other thread. I suggest following those steps first.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

PM sent

"I suggest following those steps first"

I am not sure I understood that if you meant just sending a PM or following the steps to recommission the modem.

Which it is not possible now to recommission the modem since you cannot connect to it.

Hi tpp,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sending you a new modem, at no extra cost to you. Please let me know how it works out.

My address that you have for physical address does not receive mail Liz....

Regardless of how you send it. Neither UPS FEDEX OR USPS will take anything to me where I live, my road looks like it was bombed with mortar shells lol

I get packages at local store I will PM you the address.... if you could send a tracking number back to me in PM here then I can get some idea of when it will arrive when neighbor come out this week on his satellite net.

Thank you very much

Hello Liz, 

I was correct the modem was bad..... I am on neighbors Wild Blue but tomorrow he is gone

1- I had no idea the modem would be sent overnight UPS and did not go out to pick it up until last Thursday, Id guess a week after it was sent.... I am guessing the 10 day period is up, if you could get me extended on 20 days for return I would appreciate it so they do not grab money I do not have if it does not come back in time....the closest place to ship it back is 35 miles away.

2- I received 2 new modems not 1.... why I have no Idea but will send one back with the other one that is broken.

3- System .... the modem allows me to again connect to the system. But no internet now at all.

Above I spoke of a receive signal issue that seemed to be going in and intermittently out to signal strength of 23....I am not not able no matter what I do to get more than a 24 receive signal, 1st time ever I cannot get it sorted. We tried cables, they seem fine even with issues I have. If it is leaves on the trees I have a big problem since trees are on neighbors property but that has never happened before in 6 years.....  cutting a few limbs is not an issue, but no way to know what limbs to cut and just cutting them is not a plan.

Questions......if you are standing behind the dish what part of it aims at the satellite because it does not appear anything is in the way, that will answer the leaves question.

Is there an attenuation line resistance reading in advanced settings..???... I cannot imagine my cables are the issue because nothing really changed and i redid them again this last week and receieved the same 23-24 signal

in setup for antanna pointing....the signal jumps from 13 to 23 constantly..... we did the little dish movement and it only got worse

I am clueless this time..... it may be several days before I can get online again, I am 2 weeks down right now.

Hi tpp,

Thank you for keeping me posted. No need to worry about the deadline, just get us the modems whenever you are able. When you said you're able to connect to the system, but not get online, do you mean you're only able to access the System Control Center? Which LEDs are lit on the modem?

I'll let the engineers know, we may have you follow those instructions I emailed you before, but I'll need confirmation first. I'll let you know.

Good morning tpp,

Just got confirmation from the engineers, you will have to follow the directions I emailed you a while ago. Please follow those directions and let me know how it goes.

Hi Liz,

OK I tried today to meet UPS but no luck

I will go home today and try to do in the order you said to do that download thing and go thru the steps...but with that signal strength it will not go as it is so I will try that... I am unsuccessful figuring it out.

See ya later Tim

I have water pump car issue so that's why I am slow if it's hot I'm grounded for now.

Will try to get back to you later this week 

Light's on modem are only 2.... top and bottom power and ethernet/wifi one

All light when started but nothing but the 2 after that

Is this after performing the illustrated steps I e-mailed you a while back? Those steps are important to helping your modem get back online, as well as the config file that was attached. There should be a confirmation page once you're done, indicating that your modem is registered for service, as show in the illustrated steps.