What happens to the speed after I exceed my data allowance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomyash
Freshman

What happens to the speed after I exceed my data allowance

So if my usual speeds are less than 1Mps when I have ample data available on my plan.  Can it possibly get any slower once I eceed the data allowance?

5 REPLIES 5
charles22200
New Poster

Hello!

Ive had Hughes net since Feb 2017 and I started out with the 50gb plan because I know how I am on the internet, if you are having problems with your current data allowence try upgrading your plan to the highest. 

I have the best plan that they offer.  It only words for 12-18 days. After that, it goes to 1.5 for the rest of the 31 days. This internet is the worse that I have ever had.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@davidk147 wrote:

I have the best plan that they offer.  It only words for 12-18 days. After that, it goes to 1.5 for the rest of the 31 days. This internet is the worse that I have ever had.  

That's probably because you're out of data and going into FAP.  You can buy tokens or learn how to use your data in a way that will last the entire month.  

A customer utilizing all of their data before the end of the month is not HughesNet's fault.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tomyash

With your speeds being that low it's doubtful that your FAP speed would be much lower, if at all.  You probably wouldn't notice any difference, which is fortunate and unfortunate at the same time.  😞  

Well the tech just left my house in response to my speed problems.  He traded out the radio on the dish and spent a ton of time her realignging everything to no avail.  Downloads are still less than 1 MBps at 5:00 PM EST.  Beam 52.  Must just be my luck.  I have to say the tech guys visiting are nice enough but the problem persists.