cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens?

Junior

Re: What happens?

Hi maryandjerry,
Your phone does not count against your monthly data allowance.
Advanced Tutor

What does throttled back mean? I still have internet and it will be slow or I can't download movies or what?
"Throttled Back" means you have used up all your monthly data allowance and your overall speeds have been reduced to about double the speed of a dial-up modem. You can buy additional data, or wait until your data allowance refills at the beginning of your next service month.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Honorary Alumnus

Maryandjerry's service date would likely indicate a HN9000 service level so the normal definition of FAP would seem to apply here however we must now consider the SmartBrowse feature when discussing performance levels with depleted data.

Hi Mary

I am sorry to hear you had so much trouble! Despite it not being prepped for you when it arrived, is your system working now? And everyone is correct... your HughesNet phone will not use your data!

Thanks
Amanda

Yes it works now. Thanks for all the information everybody!

Good to hear, Mary & Jerry! Please let us know if you need anything else Smiley Happy

Amanda
Distinguished Professor IV

jdypat, just a little heads up.  When I was on my old plan, which was the Pro plan, my daily allowance was 425Mb and it refreshed every 24 hours, of course.  At thirty days and 425Mb a day, that's a total of 12.475Mb, not including the download zone, of course, which I rarely had to use, and then only for very large updates or upgrades.  12.475Mb would be maxing out every single day.  You now get 10GB,15GB or 20GB per 30 days, or different, depending on which plan you have, then 50GB during the Bonus Bytes period.  This is hardly a way for Hughesnet to get rich, being that with the new plan people almost assuredly use MORE bandwidth per 30 days than they ever did on their old plan.  I don't know how Hughesnet offering more is them getting rich.  Please touch up a little on that math.  It could have helped.     

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

I think you meant 12.475 GB.  : )
Distinguished Professor IV

Well, I can't fix it, but I think he/she will get the idea. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit