cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on now ???? DNS endless errors instant web acceleration nightly immediately when download period for free begins

What is going on now ???? DNS endless errors instant web acceleration nightly immediately when download period for free begins

A 5 year customner who is totrally off grid and cannot call the service number, no home phone, which was 1 thing still aggravating they failed to tell me when I got this insane syatem I cannot get help without a phone.....no cell service or why do I need this to begin with....

Anyways..........nightly at 11pm....beginning of dowload period without fail, the tcp or web acceleration begin, if you reboot its then tcp out and waiting for heartbeat message.......I will never get how it works so well, then poof nothing, the minute you are not on your download,

wayyyy too much coincidence here.last week i tried atr 2am to do a 55mb download I needed.......it told me was going to take between 7 and 10 hours as it jumped around.

the free download period was the only decent thing about this whole deal, used to watch netflix niughtly, now, no way........the dns never stops but that has zero to do with instantly unusable service the minute the download begins

it continually gets worse, I get they could care less about hn7000 customers now but we still pay monthly 

Odd at my other place in 3rd world eastern europe if someone provided this the ex commies would shut you down, welcome to the USA......lol

looks to me like we are being shut out of service again by Hughes or now so many stuffed into the hn7000s at 11 its overloaded, because I dont care what they tell me, if my system works at 10, why not from 11 until 2 or so then magically (only sometimes) is back on.......

now 11pm is peak hours ??? or Hughes is saving money not allowing us into sat for the 5 hours , at times not back on until 5 or 6am....the uplink queinbg is a joke of course you are trying to mopen site after site to web acceleration errors....my work website sometimes takes 30 minutes to save and auto keeps trying so yes data is coming in, odd we should feel guilty for actually using thwe syatwem....uplink queing, yeah right

Id ;like to have a dollar for every hour I spent every week tryting to figure oiut what is wroing now........guy who own lot next door is here only on weekends, his new unlimited download wild blue rocks, not an issue.....while we here still get the forum experts long excuses why this or that but its never fixed, just more excuses..

sigh........tick tick tick, soon will be full time overseas, I wont miss this niughtmare at all
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is going on now ???? DNS endless errors instant web acceleration nightly immediately when download period for free begins

Re: What is going on now ???? DNS endless errors instant web acceleration nightly immediately when download period for free begins

And to add......yes I use chrome on my Win 7 laptop ......but I have many devices and it was the same story on Win 10 edge and android and on a mini Umid M1 with XP and on an Asus EEE with Firefox.....does not matter what device, what browser....hooked up to wire bypassing wireless modem, no changes....many of those hours above I am asleep and sending nothing through and you note still there are red Xs......and another oddity, why when fapped does the dns error go away as does the web acceleration
Alum

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting. Are you familiar with how to change your DNS servers? Try using Google 

Google Public DNS operates recursive name servers for public use at the following 
IP addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for IPv4 service,
as well as 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844, for IPv6 access.

This has helped others. Let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,
Chris
Alum

Hi Tim, 

Just for reference in case you need more direction. Check this thread out. Our Champion Gwalks post describes the process. Hope it helps!

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/i-am-getting-a-lot-of-server-not-found-and-dns-se...

Thank  you,
Chris