cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on this am?

Highlighted

What is going on this am?

Well, as others have posted, the speeds have been declining horribly over the past week or so, especially in the evening.  I usually get up at 6 am to download larger files and this am was no exception.  However, I can't get most anything to download correctly.  Sites that are just text are fine, but anything with graphics I get an error message, EVEN ON THE HUGHES WEBSITE! For example, the graphics at the top of this page that is supposed to be there has an error message.  I can't even get in to the speed test page, everything gives me an error and suggests that I refresh the page (which does no good). I also cannot connect to the status meter.  It is not only my computer, but the laptop and Kindle with the same issues.  I have connected the modem directly to the computer and still there is a problem. 

This is totally unacceptable. I did notice that earlier in the month I was connected to a center in Texas (no issues), then when I was connected to Youngstown Ohio it started to decline and now I am connected to Germantown, MD and this is absolutely horrible.    

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is going on this am?

Good morning grapes b816,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly help address your speed concerns. To help us address your concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. 

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

We'll be able to pull up your account so we can run remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I just upgraded to 50gig an hour ago . Now my speed dropped to 374kps . Now what? maybe I should of not updated.

Hi grapesb816,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->