cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between ATT Hot Spot, and HugesNet Video Streaming

What is the difference between ATT Hot Spot, and HugesNet Video Streaming

What is the difference between ATT Hot Spot, and HugesNet when it comes to streaming video. Netflix, Hulu ect. Have ATT Hot Spot, and not very happy with it.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is the difference between ATT Hot Spot, and HugesNet Video Streaming

If, and I say if you can get decent speeds from Hughes you can have a really good experience. Right now I'm doing okay with mine. I've really had bad experiences but I've had good also. Please keep in mind if you choose hughes that you'll have a allowance to choose from. That will be your data allowance for the month. Don't let the sales rep tell you that your bonus bytes will be included. Those are only from 2am til 8am. I usually wale up around 5am to do any major streaming or downloading. For 2 reasons: you usually get awesome speeds and you have 60gb to eat through. Hope this helps!
Alum

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! Streaming Netflix, Hulu, and others is possible with HughesNet service but we always recommend reducing the quality to at least standard definition so that you do not use as much data. Most streaming services when using higher quality settings can use up to 1-2 Gigabytes an hour or even per movie/show. Here is an example:

The biggest difference in my opinion is that HughesNet will never charge you extra for going over your data allowance however your speeds will reduce once you have reached your limit. I hope this helps.

- Chris

Speeds! I can't get it fast enough to stream at ANY TIME