Hughesnet Community

What my speeds look like tonight, went through 2 tokens just trying to download Avast.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

What my speeds look like tonight, went through 2 tokens just trying to download Avast.

Trying to set up new laptop.  Can't do on HughesNet.  Take a good look at this netWorx chart.  Went through 2 tokens and still don't have avast downloaded.   Going to be a really loonnnnnggggg night.
7 REPLIES 7
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

If you can't see it, my speeds are showing at 34 bytes most of the time.  Not KB, Not MB...just bytes.
1971mach1

Feel the pain here.  Ours has been bad for many years and many calls and we finally give up to having another provider letting us compare with Hughes.  I know who may win this. 
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Started 7 hrs ago, bought 3 x 3 rounds of tokens after using what I had on hand.  140 MB left before spending more money on them.  And yes the first thing I did was turn off all the update settings I could find.   We're not even using a win 10 machine.  Having to spend this much extra money just to set up a new machine is ridiculous!  Of course one could pop some speeders and stay up all night, lol.  Good news, 20 minutes to free time and a couple security downloads.  Coffee, more coffee.  This sucks.
Amanda

Hi Karen,

I'm at a loss - are you having poor speeds on our Home plan we offered 5 years ago or am I looking at the wrong account? 

Amanda
curtis-m
Sophomore

Karen,

I had to update a laptop a couple of months back. Would have been a couple gigs. I previously updated a desktop and did so in the bonus hours. Took over 4 hours. For the laptop I went to the library. Took an hour and a half.

Best, Curtis
deepdiver1
Sophomore

The first fix to try is to reboot your sat modem and router wifi. Seems your modem may have lost sync with sat link.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't know if this is related, but I've had issues updating Windows based computers over the last few months.  I had one that took over 20 hours to download about 400MBs of updates, and this was while my Hughesnet speeds were fine.  I don't know if the Microsoft servers became sensitive to the latency, but it certainly took a LONG time, and this was with two W10 PCs and a W8.1PC.  

My last updates were fairly quick, though.