cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on????

What the heck is going on????

Web pages take for ever to load and now no connectivity at all. Good thing I kept my DSL.
Anybody know???
15 REPLIES 15
Sophomore

Re: What the heck is going on????

I'm glad you kept your DSL (!) connection as a backup.  I mean I know when I had DSL, I was signing up for satellite services just to have a reliable backup connection once in a while.   That darn DSL goes down so much I needed Hughesnet.   Yep that's how it is.

My DSL has been pretty reliable just not enough bandwidth. So I though I would try Hughes Net to
see how it would work out, not real impressed so far. It goes down a lot and although I have 10meg down load speed it sometimes takes forever for a webpage to load and does not work
well with android devices especially chromecast or online gameing, thats why I kept the dsl so my 
grandson could still play his ps3 thats where the bandwidth problem comes in. Do you have problems loading web pages? Just signing into HugnesNet so that I can go to my dashboard seems to take forever.
Assistant Professor

Run some Web Response tests here: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com/

Also router DNS settings can make a big difference. I have mine set to the Google public ones, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

web response avg..9 to 2.5 sec. in the test, but actual load time before I can view a page can take a full 1 to 3 minutes sometimes. router dns you are talking about my wi fi router correct???
Assistant Professor

Yes, there is a place to input DNS servers manually instead of being set to automatic.

Thanks I will try this out and see if it helps.
Assistant Professor

After changing verify they have taken in wireless properties. May have to turn wireless off and on.

Alum

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! We are aware of users on your gateway experiencing slow browsing and it was looked into by our engineers. This should have cleared up for you by now. If you are still experiencing this please let us know so we can continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Chris
Highlighted

Hello Chris, haven't been on for a couple days, could not connect at all today had to switch back to my DSL connection. Is the satellite down again?