Hughesnet Community

What would your Gen 5 packages look like?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

What would your Gen 5 packages look like?

So, what do you think the Gen 5 data packages should be?

50gig Anytime/50gig Bonus - $100/mo
40gig Anytime/50gig Bonus - $90/mo

And on down.  $1 less for each gig you're willing to give up.  On the flip side, $1 more for each gig you want.

50 gigs Anytime is considered baseline.  Offering less I think is being stingy with the data.
52 REPLIES 52
jimmie_evlyn
Sophomore

Ooooh! Very inappropriate and insensitive comment. I am shocked
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

What's a very inappropriate and insensitive comment?  You didn't reply to a particular comment so I'm not sure what you are referring to.  
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

BirdDog and I have "known" one another for years.
The comment was a joke.
For what it is worth, I am twice retired with over 45 years in manufacturing . .. believe me, there is no "entitlement " nor was there any involved with BirdDogs "stipend".
GabeU

Ah, that comment.  I thought it was humorous.  
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I honestly am about done posting here in the Community.
No body wants to learn, seems that many want it "done for them".
Time for me to head for my safe place.
GabeU

I really hope you don't leave.  I find your posts helpful and informative.  Don't let them get you down.  
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

"I honestly am about done posting here in the Community."

I understand totally. I post mainly on video streaming issues or a few other things that really feel serious about. Nothing like I used to.

Old dogs feel like lying down more and more. Been a great ride but feel like I won't be going to Gen5 and therefore won't be much help anyway.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40Birdypoo&src=typd.....what @Birdypoo yields on Twitter....lol.

PS: I'm just hoping I'll be alive to see LEO internet for the US and world. That would be pretty awesome actually. Seems it may be in very limited areas for a long while though.

I don't know what I have left other than streaming tweaks. Many just want to complain because of latency, caps and speed fluctuations. Can't help there when it comes to satellite.
stemmy0306

BirdDog, I would do a happy dance in my living room if I could get 2mbps for watching Netflix!