cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I hover over an option to download a video, it gives me different options than everyone else - only on my home system

When I hover over an option to download a video, it gives me different options than everyone else - only on my home system

When I try to download a movie from certain sites, I get a different option than all other users. These sites were working fine previously. This is on two different computers, one running WIN 7 and one WIN 8. They both use different antivirus software. When I take the laptop to a public network, the download options work fine. All I can assume is that there are Hughesnet specific options in a "settings" file somewhere that have been changed, such as a filter. But I can't find anything like a "Settings" option in my dashboard, etc. Incidentally, this happens with antivirus disabled as well. However, as I also stated, the problem persists on two different computers with two different antivirus programs. Worked fine a week ago, now doesn't, so some setting changed somewhere
7 REPLIES 7

Re: When I hover over an option to download a video, it gives me different options than everyone else - only on my home system

Hi jmlazgar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. Could you give us just a couple of more details? Where are you trying to download from and can you tell us what the different options you are getting compared to the original ones are? Lastly, have you ever been able to download from these sites on HughesNet before?

Thanks!
Amanda

Re: When I hover over an option to download a video, it gives me different options than everyone else - only on my home system

Different sites that host downloads. Specifically. "click here to download"

This used be simple process, click and it gives you the option to "Save", Save As" etc.   The filenames were all ending in .MP4

Now, same "save as option" pops up,  but the filename to save is just a text string, not a filename (doesn't end in dot anything) When I try to download it anyway, nothing happens.  I reset my modem and it worked temporarily. Now even  that doesn't help. It can only be something from hughesnet or some sort of block at the provider for my home IP address, because when I take my laptop to multiple "free internet" locations, it works at all of them just as it used to.

Oh,

and I downloaded Firefox to see if it was the browsers and still got the same problem

Associate Professor

You need to be more specific than, "different sites that host downloads, specifically, "click here to download".

Not much can be done if we don't know the website in question.

Hi jmlazgar,

Thanks for providing some of the info requested. Let's try disabling your Web Acceleration and see if that works. Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Instructions to disable Web Acceleration: 

1.       Type www. systemcontrolcenter.com or 192.168.0.1 into your browser’s address bar and hit enter.
2.       Click the light gray “i” icon to go to the Advanced Configuration and Statistics page. (The gray "i" is to the right of System Information at the top of the page_

3.       Click the Web Acceleration link from the left-hand menu.

4.       Click the Control link from the expanded sub-menu to go to the Web Acceleration Control page.

5.       Uncheck the box next to Web Acceleration Enabled.

6.       Check the box to re-enable Web Acceleration.

Thank you
Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

The "I" is marked as #3 below:

The Web Acceleration page is selected from the "menu" on the left side of page:

Thanks Gwalk! Smiley Happy